Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: May 28, 2012 04:54PM

Of course I am not from Utah, but I couldn't help thinking about how this would never happen in Cultland.

It was the perfect time to have the game. School buses were free to bring the visiting team. They didn't screw up local traffic when they let out. Most importantly, Saturday was free for other school activities without the kids having to make a choice which they would participate in.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: May 29, 2012 12:12AM

My brother, the jock of the family was denied the opportunity to play church softball because he had played league baseball on Sundays in his mid teens. Still makes me angry that some self righteous MF'er enjoyed using his "power" to shut someone out....

Posted by: jezebel2mishies ( )
Date: May 29, 2012 01:19AM

You know, when I was in the process of converting, they were just starting a roller derby team in my part of Jersey. I did not join for two reasons:

1) Practices were held Sundays

2) More importantly, I feared that a member of my ward may find out about my hobby, and get scandalized by the sexual innuendo and scanty dress.

If I could replay that part of my life, I would have totally done it...like this:

1) I would have made myself a black costume cut similarly to a temple garment, but shorter, and donning more cleavage (or not...I've got big enough knockers as it is)

2) My derby girl name would have been "Stormin' Mormon"

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: May 30, 2012 12:35AM

You are now my favorite ex-Mormon.

Because of your humor, not because of your cleavage, though that will be placed under consideration. Plus I think roller derby girls are hot in general. Attitude combined with athletic bodies.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2012 12:38AM by forbiddencokedrinker.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.