Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: exmoinaz ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 01:11AM

Put the EX- back in X-mas! We’re having several gatherings this month to enjoy each other’s company and spread Christmas cheer, the Mormon-less way. We’d love to have you join us at any or all of these events!

->Ex-mas Lights at the Temple
Sunday December 19th; 5pm drinks, lights at 6:30; Oakland
Come with us to enjoy the Temple lights, in a whole NEW light. We’ll be meeting at 5pm just up the hill from the temple at Monaghan's On the Hill (http://monaghans-onthehill.com/) for drinks and appetizers to "get in the Ex-mas spirit." We’ll head down to view the lights at 6:30pm. Just remember, your tithing helped pay for this “community” event.

->Ex-mas Party
Saturday December 25th; 12 noon, lunch at 2pm; San Francisco
It wouldn’t be the holidays without a Potluck! Mark and Donna have opened up their home to host us on Christmas Day. Festivities start at noon, with lunch around 2pm. Bring a side or dessert and your favorite beverage to share. Please contact Donna (donna.banta@gmail.com) by Dec 21st to RSVP and get directions.

->New Years Eve Party
Friday December 31st; 8pm; Dublin
Ring in the New Year as only former Mormons can! Head out to the East Bay to Steve and Sarah’s for a night of fun with friends, new and old. Bring a snack and beverage to share if you would like. Contact Steve (exmoinaz@yahoo.com) to RSVP and get directions.

->January Ferry Building CANCELLED
With the flurry of activities this month, we will give everyone some time to recuperate by canceling our monthly meet-up at the Ferry Building until February.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: December 13, 2010 12:55AM

Posted by: Phantom Shadow ( )
Date: December 13, 2010 01:49AM

I'd love to be at Mark and Donna's but will be with my exmo son and nevermo DIL and family--thank goodness.

New Year's we'll be following our family tradition and dancing to that good old time rock 'n roll . . . Geez--I remember the last Stake NY's dance we went to--was that the year someone dressed up like Brigham Young? It was terrible. Life is so much better now.

Have fun you guys! See you next year.

Date: December 14, 2010 02:31AM

Sounds like you have plenty of fun and sane ways to occupy yourself. God, I hope your NYE is better than a stake dance. The last NYE dance I remember was on a Saturday so they had a countdown at 11pm so we could all get home in time for the sabbath. Ridiculous!

Enjoy the holidays. Hope you can make one of our other activities, we've always got stuff going on.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: December 13, 2010 05:33AM

Wish I could be a part of it. Too much to do right now, but I'm looking forward to more fun times with the SF Bay Area exmos.

Thank you so much!

Date: December 14, 2010 02:33AM

'Tis the season to be crazy busy out of your mind. Hope you take the time to enjoy it too Cheryl :)! You'll be missed, but we know you're in good hands. We'll catch up soon.

Posted by: Tiff ( )
Date: December 14, 2010 08:40PM

Wish I could join, but I'm going to have to pass due to obligations I've already committed to. Keep us in the loop for future get-togethers!

Date: December 16, 2010 01:53AM

will do. We should have some other activities coming up in addition to our monthly first Sunday get-togethers. I'll post here when they are set. You can also sign up for our Yahoo group (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sf_postmos/) to have updates automatically sent to you.

Hope to see you out soon!

Posted by: Tiff ( )
Date: December 16, 2010 02:14AM

I didn't know there was a group. I sent in my request to join the group.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: December 15, 2010 12:59AM

I'm definitely coming and just emailed my kids to come meet some new people...email me details please (I'm in Piedmont)

Looking forward to meeting some posters!

Anagrammy@gmail.com

Date: December 21, 2010 03:54PM

Anagrammy-

I emailed you last week but didn't hear back. Want to make sure my email didn't go to your junk folder.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: December 21, 2010 10:55PM

Hi! I emailed you back and hope you got it. I am coming and am very excited to meet you, too.

Cheers,

Anagrammy

Date: December 22, 2010 03:54AM

No, nothing came through. Can you send it again? exmoinaz@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Posted by: Phantom Shadow ( )
Date: December 20, 2010 11:14PM

Christmas plans cancelled. I hope we will be able to make the Banta's after all. Don't ask cause I'm not going to tell. Two lucky lucky people are going to get our airplane seats. Merry holidays.

Date: December 21, 2010 03:52PM

Ouch! Sorry to hear that. Canceling plans is never fun.

Well, you definitely have an alternative here with us. Hope you can make it. Let Donna know if you're coming so we don't duplicate jello salads :).

Date: December 29, 2010 06:37PM

Posted by: Fallen Moroni ( )
Date: December 30, 2010 01:06AM

We'll be there for the NYE party on Friday -- looking forward to it!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.