Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: confusedinck ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 10:39AM

This one from my TBM SIL: "is so very grateful for a mostly normal, healthy, upbringing and for guidance and standards that have kept her free."

Omg... WTF?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 10:41AM

ROTFLMAO- Normal = being taught to try shaking hands with an unearthly vistor to determine what type it is?

That's hilarious! Or does TSCC not teach this anymore?

Posted by: Truthseeker ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 10:46AM

That handshake has saved me from more than one alien abduction.

Posted by: jon1 ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 10:52AM

truthseeker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That handshake has saved me from more than one
> alien abduction.

Holy crap! while I was typing my response you put yours about Aliens at the same time. Spooky! We must have know each other in the Pre-existence!

Posted by: Truthseeker ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 11:12AM

Yes, the spirit has witnessed to me that we knew each other in the pre-existence while working to create the fjords.

Posted by: jon1 ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 10:50AM

Ask her for clarification on "mostly normal". Is that a 60/40 split? or 90/10? or what? Mostly is a pretty vague term, and kind of weird usage here. Can something be mostly normal? Can you be mostly pregnant? If you have a normal life, but one huge abnormal thing happens you, like being abducted by aliens, can you still call your life normal?

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 10:55AM

Best one I've ever seen that I actually liked:

"If you don't have anything good to say, please, come sit next to me on this pillow". - Dorothy Parker

Posted by: fallenangelblue ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 10:56AM

"Action movies are so exciting! I would watch them more often if it wasn’t for all the blood shedding and bad words. Too crazy!"

*facepalm*
No, she's not 10 years old.

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 11:02AM

"One time, at YW Camp, I put my flute...".

I wish.

Ron

Posted by: rockfish ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 11:16AM

"The gospel makes me soooo happy! IM SOOOOOO LUCKY TO HAVE IT IN MY LIFE! i just want to tell the whole world....IT IS TRUE ~♥~ you have my word lol"

Well I'm sold! A 19 y-old SWEARS that the gospel is true via FB. There you have it. I live in a largely populated Mormon area and went to hs with a bunch of Mormons. So I've got a lot of friends on my Facebook that are Mormon.
I consider deleting them because I'm so sick of statuses like these.

Posted by: Queen of Denial ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 12:25PM

If you don't want to delete them, just "hide" them. I have a similar problem.

Posted by: lindsaymccall ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 11:16AM

I just remember when most of my TBM friends "liked" Temple Marriage. First of all, do we need to have a spot for temple marriage on Facebook? Second, when you just clicked that you "like" Will Farrell and burning stuff, do you really want your third like to be "temple marriage?"

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 11:24AM

There is usually some absurd nonsense I don't want to read on FB so I use the HIDE function. Politics, vulgarity,religious statements can become obnoxious.
It's an excellent function. You can HIDE the person, or one post, or the games, quizes, and other pages that you don't want to read.

Posted by: Serena ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 12:42PM

I don't have any Mormon FB friends, but I've snooped on other friends' pages, and this is a common theme. Barf. Ooooh, he did the laundry! We are so impressed!

Posted by: angsty ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 04:20PM

I keep up with on facebook.

Seriously, if you are inclined to celebrate every time your husband does housework or anything helpful, then he clearly doesn't do it enough and it's nothing to brag about.

I don't need to tell the world I'm treated well or that my husband pulls his weight-- I wouldn't expect anything less in my life or from him.

Posted by: Simone Stigmata ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 12:52PM

I have some TBMs who try to compete with each other as to who can be the most spiritual.

"Did family scripture study and prayer, made a yummy breakfast, sent the kids off to school, baked cookies, went shopping, prepared my RS lesson, helped kids with their homework, finished making dolls for Christmas presents, put up the tree, read letter from our missionary...tonight I am so blessed and full of the spirit of gratitude for my blessings"

Barf.

Posted by: T-Bone ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 03:16PM

I have one friend from hs who has been posting gratitude stories since Thanksgiving. I really need to hide her.

She's the same one who married a rich guy, and gets so stressed out because she has to "get the boat ready" or "get packed for Hawaii."

She has a Cinderella lifestyle, and loves to tell us all how hectic her life is because now she has to "pack for another cruise."

Yeah, I'm jealous. I'd like to have a hard life like that.

Posted by: piper ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 03:38PM

I deactivated my facebook because it was completely overrun with TBM's. Most of them were family, and I try really hard to maintain my family relationships so I was always being careful not to say anything they would be upset to read. I couldn't post anything about having a cup of coffee with a friend. Yes, I am a huge coward. But when my 80 year old grandpa is on my facebook, for example, that is a relationship that I don't mess with. I tried hiding all the Mormons on my facebook, and there was hardly anyone left! lol So at least for now, I would rather come here and read something intellectually stimulating(sometimes) than go on facebook where my eyes hurt from reading all the TBM junk.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.