Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: canadianfriend ( )
Date: June 04, 2012 10:29PM

The Restored Church of Christ, The Restored Church of Jesus Christ, or perhaps The Church of Christ (Restored).
What about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints? Or The Restored Church of God? Of course there's the Church of God (Restoration), The Disciples of Christ or Jehovah's Witnesses, and many, many others.

Oddly enough I didn't encounter any personages in the woods, so I went home, still confused as to which restored church I should join, and pondering why Jesus, the creator of the universe, didn't get it right the first time.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: alex71ut ( )
Date: June 04, 2012 10:41PM

Maybe it's never entered into your heart that they all were wrong and that you must join none of them, for they were all wrong. Perhaps all their creeds are an abomination in the sight of anyone sane; that those professors (especially at FARMS/Maxwell in BYU) were all corrupt; that: “they draw near to their church president with their lips, but their hearts are far from them, they teach for doctrines the commandments of men, having a form of godliness, but they deny the power thereof.” Maybe when you read this you will find yourself lying on your back, looking up into heaven, and you will have no strength; but soon recovering in some degree, you go home. And as you lean up to the central air, your mother inquires what the matter is. You reply, “Never mind, all is well—I am well enough off.” Then you say to yout mother, “I have learned for myself that Mormonism is not true.” If she's a TBM then at a very early period of your life going forward you will be destined to prove a disturber and an annoyer to her ideas on the kingdom; else why should the powers of darkness combine against saneness from now on in family relationships?

Posted by: flash ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 12:29AM

Perhaps my experience with inquiring about the Mormon church would help you resolve your confusion. :)

In order to gain greater truth and light about the Mormon Church by my determination to ask of Google, I retired to the woods with my laptop to make the attempt. It was on the morning of a beautiful, clear day, early in the spring. It was the first time in my life that I had made such an attempt, for amidst all my Mormon induced anxieties, depression, and subsequent Prozac addiction, I had never as yet made any attempt to ask Google about the Mormon Church.

After I had retired to the place where I had previously designed to go, having looked around me, and finding myself alone, I kneeled down and began to type in the desires of my heart into Google Search.

I had scarcely done so, when immediately I was seized upon by the 'Strengthening the Church Members' committee which entirely overcame me, and had such an astonishing influence over me as to bind my fingers so that I could not type. Thick darkness gathered around me, and it seemed to me for a time as if I and my laptop were doomed to sudden destruction.

But, exerting all my powers to call upon Google to deliver me out of the power of this committee which had seized upon me, and at the very moment when I was ready to sink into despair and abandon myself to the anguish of being sucked back into the Morg, I found myself delivered from the committee which held me bound. The darkness did flee, and my screen appeared before me once again.

No sooner, therefore, did I get possession of myself, so as to be able to type, that I began entering in the desires of my heart to Google by typing “How shall I know of the truthfulness of the Mormon church?”

Immediately my screen began to shine with such glory and brightness that it defied all description and its glory did shine above that of the noon-day sun.

And it came to pass that writing of a curious workmanship appeared upon my screen where it was written “GO TO EXMORMON.ORG .” Then a voice of thunder came from the laptop speakers and spake saying, “This is my beloved website, in which I am well pleased, in which I have glorified my Google name. Read ye its wisdom and thou shalt be blessed”.

And it came to pass that I went to this website. There, I feasted upon so much enlightenment and truth, that I was overcome with joy and fell to the earth. When my natural strength returned, I lifted myself up, raised my hands toward the WiFi tower and said “How is it done?” Then a voice spake again unto me saying, “because of thy faith in the internet.”

And it came to pass that from that day forward, I have given daily thanks to Google and exmormon.org and have praised their names forever more.

Posted by: heyimginger ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 12:41AM

I liked your google experience A LOT, thats pretty damn good.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 12:47AM

ODD that Joe.... for this Life-Changing event....

DIDN'T BOTHER to write it down to preserve the record for others;

you know: the Date, a telling of events as they happened.

just 'minor' things, ya know.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 12:27PM

What good does it do to know If you don't live close to a place where some ancient golden plates are buried that you can dig up and prove what you know?

Oh wait, never mind. Nobody saw those plates (except with spiritual eyes), so I guess that wouldn't help.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.