Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: older anon ( )
Date: June 06, 2012 11:19AM

need to be "brief"

Born mormon,RM sent by J.Fielding Smith,Temple married. Went twice.Pioneer Heritage.Loves family-Kids,married and gone,loves wife(turbo tbm),live in heart of Moville but always considered the tscc as Business.
Ready to bag the G's and pretty sure it will hurt the marriage.
Just need some opinions on wether it is worth the cost or not.
Cost could be considerable at my age finacially and emotionally.

Pathetic I even ask.. but could use the opinions of others in a similar situation and outcome.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: June 06, 2012 11:27AM

If the underwear is the basis for marriage then there is not a love and respect basis therefore it is only a method of intimidation.

Posted by: rutabaga ( )
Date: June 06, 2012 11:33AM

Going slow worked for me.

Over a period of 3 years I went from from 100% garmies to 100% jockeys.

I didn't make a big deal about it. Just started wearing civilian undies more and more.

During the same period my temple attendance and tithing plummeted. Again, I didn't make a big deal about it.

When DW asked about it, I told her I thought the temple was founded in polygamy, I didn't agree with polygamy, therefore I don't go to the temple. I told her I didn't want to have to share her with anyone.

The perfect answer for her. She never brought it up again.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: June 06, 2012 11:36AM

I mostly wear them (50% of the time) to keep the peace.
I think there are bigger trenches to die in and when the time comes, not wearing the garments will be insignificant.

It's low down on my 'things to do to escape' list.

Posted by: rationalguy ( )
Date: June 06, 2012 02:09PM

I agree. Nowdays they are comfortable, and since I am an older man who doesn't go around in shorts or brief T-shirts (wife beaters??) anyway, it doesn't matter to me whether my underwear had Masonic symbols embroidered on them or not. I wear them to give my wife a thread of hope that I give a sh*t. Maybe that's mean, but it helps with the relationship a bit.

Posted by: runningyogi ( )
Date: June 06, 2012 12:22PM

That was me a lifetime ago. I think running was my outlet because I could wear my shorts and tank top most of the time. It created much jealousy and resentment that I was so happy without them and didn't sell my soul to guilt/fear. I was a goner and she remarried and started over. Glad my Daughters followed my evil way's and are free to wear what they choose and feel good in.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: June 06, 2012 12:47PM

A marriage based on the wearing or non-wearing of magic underwear...ISN'T...JMHO

Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: June 06, 2012 02:24PM

The implication that some brand of underwear can possibly represent one's spiritual belief system is beyond stupid.

The implication that the wearing of ONLY one brand of underwear represents one's sincere devotion in a marriage is even more ridiculous.

The implication that the longevity of a marriage depends entirely on both spouses adhering to the use of one brand of underwear ONLY is even more ridiculous than the first two.

"I prefer Fruit of the Loom."

"Well I don't anymore - I prefer Victoria's Secret!"

"That's it! I'm divorcing you!"

Stupid. Ridiculous.

Posted by: dragwit ( )
Date: June 08, 2012 09:54AM

xyz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> "I prefer Fruit of the Loom."
>
> "Well I don't anymore - I prefer Victoria's
> Secret!"
>
> "That's it! I'm divorcing you!"
>
> Stupid. Ridiculous.

only ridiculous if the woman prefers to wear Victoria's secret... Now if the man is the one saying he prefers VS...

Lol

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: June 06, 2012 02:20PM

I vote for: go slow. One step at a time. Keep it a non-issue. Never say a word about it.
Mix the undies in the drawer , wear the reg. ones more often - going to the gym, doctor, trying on clothes in dept. stores, lots of reasons not to wear the G's.
It's what the G's represent that is the core of many marriages: Celestial Marriage which is extremely important to the true believing female. She will give up almost anything to attain the Celestial Kingdom with her mate. Never discount how important that is to an LDS woman.
My view? Need to keep that in mind and be respectful.

Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: June 08, 2012 07:26AM

Living a lie is always best.

Timothy

Posted by: older anon ( )
Date: June 06, 2012 02:47PM

thanks S-Q

the voice of reason after those last 2 post's

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: June 08, 2012 09:29AM

As above, take it slowly. Encourage your spouse to activities where garments can't be worn. Get her good ones. The giving up of wearing garments is the sign that one no longer feels bound to the church rules and the "covenants" made in the temple. The reason that people make a big thing out of it - it IS a big thing.

Good luck and best wishes in not only getting rid of your own but in getting your spouse to follow suit.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.