Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: June 07, 2012 10:21AM

Does anybody make those?

I'm thinking there might be a marketing niche for former Mormons who like the garments and want to continue wearing them, but no longer want to wear Masonic symbols having death implications.

Or how about garments in colors as symbols of apostasy--you know how Mormons hate pastels....

One morning he sees you coming out of the bathroom wearing markless garments--in blue!

Anagrammy

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: June 07, 2012 10:23AM

Are you saying you actually know people who have no desire to ever have sex again???

Posted by: Aaron Hines ( )
Date: June 07, 2012 10:29AM

It might actually be fun for some people to have sex IN garments....or halfway in, anyway?

Not me, never got that far.

Posted by: flyboy21 ( )
Date: June 07, 2012 12:20PM

Ummmmm... yeah, I'd love to share a story, but I don't want to be the donkey who turns this board into sex chat

Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: June 07, 2012 12:31PM

you wrote "story," "donkey" and "sex" all in the same sentence.

TELL!

Date: June 07, 2012 01:41PM

Hahahah it was a girl I met at a bar with my friends, who when she found out I was Mormon was all super interested in the Mormon underwear. We kinda forgot about it till we got home later and said she would love to be able to tell the story that she had had sex with a Mormon in his magic underwear (the whole ex-Mormon thing wasn't brought up... I figured why mess with a good thing, huh?). So, without all the details, yep. While wearing the full G set. I even let her try them on (they went to her ankles though and the top looked like a nightgown... hahaha).

She got her story. I got laid. Everybody wins.

Well, unless TSCC is real. My own personal Kolob has been angrily smashed to bits.

Brethren, I CHALLENGE you to use this tactic next time you're in a bar. Remember, all curiosity is good curiosity. It's how you play that card that counts.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2012 01:53PM by flyboy21.

Posted by: The Oncoming Storm - bc ( )
Date: June 07, 2012 04:08PM

I missed the part where the donkey comes into it...

Date: June 07, 2012 04:14PM

I celebrated by getting nasty with some of the elect creatures out by the oxen pen in Old Nauvoo. For some reason, none of the elderly missionaries found it unusual.

"Elder Packer, is that you?" was all anyone asked.

Posted by: The Oncoming Storm - bc ( )
Date: June 07, 2012 04:18PM

Har!

It must have been female donkeys, BKP would have considered doing that with male donkeys to be "unnatural."

Date: June 07, 2012 04:28PM

The moment I heard him talk about growing up on the farm, I knew what he had been up to.

By the way, one of my exs lives in Pleasant Grove. That's a trip. She plays a TBM these days, but definitely is no such thing. Sounds like you got a nice new pool over there.

Date: June 07, 2012 01:14PM

Heh, I read your story in the Bio board, I can imagine!

I'm always slightly pissed/jealous reading stories like yours, remembering what a goody two-shoes I was myself, and realizing I could have easily had a lot more fun if I'd just stopped believing every bishop or stake president knew what was in my heart. (Left stake conferences a couple of times because I kept having impure thoughts about my ex girlfriend and was afraid someone would know. =P)

Nothing personal of course...I was who I was ten years ago, can only change now and in the future. =)

Date: June 07, 2012 01:49PM

It's funny. I think the other side always looks so much more appealing. I'm really not proud of who I was in TSCC. Especially because I feel like a total fraud in here sometimes. I lost very little in the Church, and when I read the heartfelt stories in here, I want to cry sometimes--for real. What people went through... and here I was, the dishonest little s*it who got his, was always patted on the back, and left with family, long-time friends, career, and life intact.

I really feel for those who gave it an honest go and were victimized. I really want to be of service now to those who did miss out on life because they honestly tried to be Mormon. Karma more or less demands that I take a backseat to them. I also do have a deeper spiritual side that I kept detached from my sex/partying antics, and I have virtually no recourse to vent my anger at TSCC for that, because I'll EASILY be dismissed as someone who was never worthy to have the Holy Ghost. (Funny... I felt it, and had it "strongly felt" around me so many times. There is ZERO power of discernment in that Church)

So, uh, if you want to make up for lost time, come out East and we'll take ya to some fine establishments, brother!

Date: June 07, 2012 02:26PM

Heh, it's all good. I too sometimes feel out of place here, for some of the same reasons as you! Even though it affected me personally being a convert and then leaving, it was nowhere near as traumatic as others' experiences because I had no relatives and very few close friends to worry about. (None of my friends shunned me when I went inactive either. One of them just contacted me via Diablo 3 last night to say hi even.)

As my dad loves to say, "We're all Bozos on this Bus." No need to feel out of place because your experience was different, as everyone's is.

Posted by: EssexExMo ( )
Date: June 07, 2012 10:26AM

how about a set but with different marks, a pentagram, goats head and an upside down cross, at the knee

where them to a gym in utah, get undressed and wait until someone notices them

:-)

Posted by: nomilk ( )
Date: June 07, 2012 10:30AM

Romans has someting pretty close for woemn - bottoms. In color

http://www.roamans.com/clothing/3-Pack-Nylon-Boxer-Briefs-by-Comfort-Choice.aspx?PfId=89825&DeptId=9437&ProductTypeId=1

Haven't seen anyplace that sells thing teeshirts that are too wide in the neck though.

Posted by: rainwriter ( )
Date: June 07, 2012 12:13PM

For women, a lot of "shape wear" is similar, except that it's designed to be squeezing in fat everywhere. Maybe a size bigger than "normal?"

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: June 07, 2012 12:19PM

Halloween costume??

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: June 07, 2012 12:33PM

I'm sure garments aren't that hard to sew up yourselves. :)

Posted by: Opie's Ghost ( )
Date: June 07, 2012 01:14PM

People actually like them? Really?

Blech!

Posted by: Stunted ( )
Date: June 07, 2012 01:50PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2012 04:20PM by Stunted.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: June 07, 2012 06:00PM

! :-D

Yer always bad.

Posted by: Voce d' Sicce ( )
Date: June 07, 2012 02:43PM

I took an old top apart, copied the pattern, modified it by omitting the sleeve caps, narrowed the shoulders bit to make it more strap-like.

Back when plain tricot was still available to the general public, I used baby-blue & trimmed it with white lace, red w/ black, teal-green, etc. The black-on-black turned out to be rather pretty, imho.

With a minimum of effort, a good seamstress can produce a fairly attractive, and far more durable item. Beats b@rBizon products, hands down.

Btw, if there's anyone out there who knows where I can find real tricot, and not that damned lycra-crap fabric centers are carrying these days, give me a holler, will you please? Good tricot wears forever, lycra--phbttt.

S

Posted by: Starkitty ( )
Date: June 07, 2012 04:01PM

www.fabric.com

Do a search for 40 denier tricot.

Posted by: Voce d' Sicce ( )
Date: June 07, 2012 05:09PM

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: June 07, 2012 10:19PM

Marks. Gawd, a memory just came back to me. I cut the nipples and knees out of my garments and burned the marks in a saucepan in my kitchen.

Then I realized I had left in the naval mark--too bad, my ceremony was wasted. Guess I am going to h.e.double chop sticks after all.

:)

Anagrammy

PS. What was I thinking???????

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: June 07, 2012 06:02PM

In the olden days (like in the 1960s), they used to have try-on garments at the distribution center. They had no marks, because you tried them on when you were going to be going to the temple and you wanted to know which fabric and size were good for you. I think that they were found to violate some law about how it's one thing to try on a shirt, but another thing to try on underwear.

Posted by: robertb ( )
Date: June 07, 2012 11:27PM

Posted by: Cynthia ( )
Date: June 07, 2012 11:40PM

My son was in the Air Force and he had to wear dark blue T-shirts. Wearing garments, T-shirt and shirt was too hot and he was told he could buy the T-shirts he needed, take them to Deseret Clothing Mills to have the marks put in them and, wallah, official garments. So you could make your own mens garmies from store bought undies and add the marks yourself. Women's garments...that would be a problem since I don't know of any womens undies quite like garments in the normal world.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.