Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: dk ( )
Date: June 07, 2012 06:18PM

After reading Motherfreaker's garment feel up thread, I was thinking someone should make a video about it. Like how to casually do garments feel ups. After all, it might be useful to know if that mormon touch is
A) a friendly gesture
B) inappropriate touching or
C) a garment feel up.

On the other hand, how about mormons wearing a button that says, "Wearing Magic Underpants"? It would be a lot easier and no need for touching.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: June 07, 2012 06:31PM

That's a brilliant idea, dk!

Maybe even an instructional 'how to defend yourself against a garment feel-up' video with OTT Bruce Lee karate moves. :D

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: June 07, 2012 07:20PM

I'd love to see that!....and having never worn them, anybody other than my wife trying to check for garmies would have needed an ambulance shortly thereafter....

Posted by: flyboy21 ( )
Date: June 07, 2012 07:26PM

...maybe it would serve as a nice intro to the board. I have the camera and could get willing stars. I would need some expert assistance from someone who has actually knows how the feeling up is done if authenticity is key.

Hell, I even still have some relatively new (clean) garments that could be used.

Posted by: dk ( )
Date: June 07, 2012 08:07PM

Once I found out the garment thing was actually true, I was on my way out of the church. I don't really know what the garment feel up is which is why I suggested the video. Clearly, we need someone who's an expert.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: June 07, 2012 08:16PM

Who's been felt up the most?

Posted by: davesnothere ( )
Date: June 07, 2012 08:20PM

I remember other Elders I knew on my mission telling me about how the coeds at BYU use to do the “leg feel up” checking for the tell-tale leg bottom of the garment to determine if the guy they were going out with was a return missionary who’d been endowed.

Elders who went to the “Y” before their mission said they use to put wide rubber bands around their leg above the knee to fool the girl into thinking they were wearing garments because they told the girls they were a return missionary. They did this because the girls wouldn’t go out with them unless the girl thought they were returned missionaries.

Posted by: rainwriter ( )
Date: June 07, 2012 08:36PM

My favorite, I think, is the "I'm going to shake your hand with my right hand and companionably give you a friendly squeeze on your bicep with my left. Yep, just a jovial and friendly handshake, a bit short of the man-hug because we don't do that..."

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.