Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: An_Engineer ( )
Date: June 13, 2012 10:59AM

I was listening to the Planet Money podcast on my way to work this morning and they had a very interesting segment about 2 million dollar donations to a Romney supporting Super PAC that came from Provo. Nobody recognized the company names, their offices did not exist and further digging found that they traced back to Steve Lund, former CEO of NuSkin and current 70.

Shocking that a Pyramid schemer and now professional paid Mormon liar would try something like this.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2012/04/26/151379832/on-the-million-dollar-trail-of-a-mystery-superpac-donor

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: MichaelMotorcycle ( )
Date: June 13, 2012 11:26AM

Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: June 13, 2012 11:28AM

And in any case, the "both sides do it" response is one of the most ignorant and intellectually lazy of responses.

So what? If both sides raped children would that make it OKAY?

Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: June 13, 2012 11:48AM

"You can buy anything in this world for money."

Funny that - it's the one part of the temple ceremony Mormons take most to heart. And after Mormon money buys the office for him, President Mitt will say:

"Now is the great day of my power. I reign from the rivers to the ends of the earth. There is none who dares to molest or make afraid."

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: June 13, 2012 11:54AM

A real eye-opener was how Stephen Colbert created his own Super-Pac on television and openly showed just how this new system of corporations influencing elections actually works.

Of course, you'd think that the high and lofty mormons would have better standards than to do all their dealings in a corner...

Posted by: reasonabledoubt ( )
Date: June 13, 2012 11:59AM

He'll never be mistaken for Paul Simon.

Posted by: Exmo Dad ( )
Date: June 13, 2012 12:10PM

I think Lund's a GA

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.