Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: December 10, 2010 11:27PM

Lisa Ling had a miscarriage and started a beautiful website where women could talk about this. I thought of you, and so many others who shared similar stories, so here's the link:

http://www.secretsocietyofwomen.com/secrets/desparate-for-kids/forum/

Best,

anagrammy

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: December 11, 2010 02:39PM

Posted by: justleft ( )
Date: December 13, 2010 04:00PM

Thanks, Annagrammy. I really appreciated everyone's support. Especially yours, Shannon's, and everyone who had been through it before me. It's been a rough couple of weeks for me. Grief is awful no matter how you slice it, but very necessary.

About your original comment, you're a smart lady. You kind of had me a little figured out. I must confess I studied clinical psychology at the graduate level, until I got really sick. Prior to that, I spent a lot of time advocating for women who were victims of domestic violence and abuse, (I became an advocate after I had a sister who suffered greatly at the hands of her now ex-husband). I was a bit of an unapologetic, outspoken feminist at church for many years.

I made a point of debunking the idea to "obey your husband in all situations" in RS and SS. I was able to talk my RS Pres into having a special Enrichment meeting where I did a workshop on how to recognize and appropriately deal with domestic violence, including the legal requirements to report. We kept the workshop a secret to prevent women in attendance from being in danger and invited the Stake leaders to it. Fortunately, my Bishop was a really good guy (convert) and was very willing to fully back me up. I had a few people asking me for help privately for people they knew.

After that, my ward was way more sensitive and aware about abuse in the home (if only they could have been more sensitive about a myriad of other things). I'm sorry I can't go back in time about 40 years and teach it to all the Bishops of those who have suffered at the hands of "worthy priesthood holders" on this forum.

So perhaps, when I am out the other side of all this fertility hardship, I will advocate more loudly and visibly for those who are suffering through it as well. The right kind of support really matters, and the wrong kind of support really damages people.

Thanks again everyone!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.