Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: icedlatte ( )
Date: June 18, 2012 06:25PM

Just threw them all in the trash this morning, without cutting out the sacred embroidery :)

I wanted to burn them, but couldn't figure out a good way to do it with no fireplace or fire pit. What'd you do with yours?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Xyandro ( )
Date: June 18, 2012 06:26PM

Mine were stacked in my room for a while after I switched. As I was moving out, my wife brought them to me in a basket. I told her I was getting rid of them and asked if she wanted to handle it. She didn't, so I just dumped them in the trash. Problem solved! :)

Posted by: hadenuf ( )
Date: June 18, 2012 06:27PM

I tossed mine in the trash also!

Posted by: carla ( )
Date: June 18, 2012 06:28PM

I tossed mine without cutting out the symbols as well. Seemed like the easiest thing to do.

Posted by: Menomore not logged ( )
Date: June 18, 2012 06:31PM

Posted by: introvertedme ( )
Date: June 18, 2012 07:02PM

Same here.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: June 18, 2012 07:06PM

Tossed them in the trash. Isn't it a weird feeling to do that?Good weird though.

Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: June 18, 2012 08:03PM

Same thing.

I had been wearing the regular undies for a few weeks, and decided that I would not go back. It was a very satisfying thing to trash them.

Date: June 18, 2012 09:56PM

Aren't the regular undies glorious? My 3 year old is trying to convince me that I need Hello Kitty panties just like her. I just may get some!

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: June 18, 2012 09:58PM

I really think you should! How can you out do a bond like hello kitty panties? She'll still remember that when she's an old lady.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: June 18, 2012 10:05PM

I cut out the symbols and burned those in a candle holder.

Later I found another set and threw those in the bonfire with all the paperwork from my divorce. Old life good bye. I still remember watching the smoke going up (I was at the beach)...it was sort of surreal.

Dumpster is perfectly fine, though, because it matches what they think of us members. Disposable units with our place in their digitized hive blinking "replace..replace..replace."

Anagrammy

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: June 19, 2012 02:06AM

The proper method for disposing of mormon garments is to throw them out of the car window on interstate 15 in salt lake or utah counties.

Date: June 20, 2012 11:45AM

Haha, I love this!

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: June 20, 2012 01:13PM

Dave the Atheist. You just brought back the best memory. The last time I wore my garments I had been to see my parents and wasn't ready yet to fail a garment check.

I was headed south on the I15 back to BYU in my car and I couldn't stand them on another second. They made my skin crawl. I took them off while I was driving past Bountiful with out even slowing down. I never put them on again.

I did not throw them out the window. Now I read your post I really wish I had instead of just tossing them later.

Posted by: bvd ( )
Date: June 19, 2012 03:54PM

Another good way would be to throw them up and get them stuck on the electric lines right in front of the LDS ward you resigned from

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: June 19, 2012 03:57PM

It would be fun to get some clothes pins and pin them into the trees at the church. Best time to do that would be during sacrament meeting so they can all come out and be greeted with garmies in the wind.

Posted by: BI ( )
Date: June 19, 2012 04:06PM

What creativity! The press should certainly be informed about the upcoming festivities. Do they still make the one-piecers with the convenient butt slit? They'd look beautiful flapping in the wind. :D

Posted by: nomilk ( )
Date: June 19, 2012 04:04PM

you ever notice they done't even make good rags?

Posted by: flyboy21 ( )
Date: June 19, 2012 04:13PM

Saved the bottoms for working out. They're that dry wicking material--and my package doesn't come out the fly when running--so they're still serving some use.

Go get something sexy now that they're gone. Even though I'm a dude, after years of those monstrosities, I only wear playful undies now :-p It feels killer!

Posted by: Tara the Pagan ( )
Date: June 19, 2012 08:42PM

I held a ritual bonfire in the carport and immolated mine. It was great fun, but the da#n things don't completely burn to ashes.

Flyboy21: kudos to you for the playful undies :-)

Posted by: flyboy21 ( )
Date: June 20, 2012 12:50AM

Hehe had no complaints yet ;)

The bonfire is way cooler than anything I did, though!

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: June 20, 2012 04:31AM

I threw all mine into a pile and shot them up with a 12 guage shotgun and shredded them and then poured gasoline on the mess and lit it up. I then threw all my church books into the fire.

Posted by: Tristan-Powerslave ( )
Date: June 20, 2012 04:43AM

I decided at a very young age that I was never going to wear the magic underwear. They looked so uncomfortable. & yes, I knew about them as my parents didn't keep them a secret from me. (I also knew about certain temple clothing pieces as my mom helped people make their homemade temple aprons, & none of those people or my mom acted like that was a secret either.) As for the magic underwear though, I'm very modest & very shy, & wear clothes that cover me up, but there's no way I'll wear more than 2 layers (aside from a jacket or coat) even in our mild northern California winters. & forget about the summer. My TBM RM sister tries to be so hip, all she does is try to figure out how to wear 4 layers while trying to look like she's only wearing 2 or 3. The extra layer is to cover up the fact she's even wearing garments. She also alters her garments to wear certain types of dresses, blouses, & skirts; nothing too short or revealing, or even sleeveless though.

Posted by: escapee ( )
Date: June 20, 2012 05:10AM

Mine went into the dumpster in the same bag as the used cat litter. That's how much respect they deserved.

Susan

Posted by: nlocnil ( )
Date: June 20, 2012 10:40AM

I threw mine out one set at a time. Each day I would take a pair off and wipe my ass with them.
Then into the trash. It took about two weeks

Date: June 20, 2012 01:06PM

Oh that is absolutely glorious...

Posted by: luckychucky ( )
Date: June 20, 2012 05:14PM

I kept a pair to pull out and laugh at from time to time and I gave a couple pairs to my cousin who is among many of the LDS churchs alienated homosexual population. She thought they would be fun to have as a novelty. The rest I use as paint and bathroom rags.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.