To: Bill Hamblin, DCP, and Johnnie boy (yes, I know you you guys love to lurk these forums like pedo-bears)
Simon in Oz Wrote:
> I can't find it so here is the relevant Bill
> Hamblin letter.
> Posted Today, 09:24 PM
> I just posted this on my blog:
> Astute observers will note that there
> has been a steady decline in both quantity and
> quality of Institute publications over the past
> few years. (Indeed, more cutting-edge books on
> the Book of Mormon have being published in the
> past few years by Kofford Books, Salt Press, and
> even Oxford University Press than by the
> Institute.) They may also observe that most of
> the original core of FARMS scholars from a decade
> ago, including me, have nearly ceased publishing
> with the Institute, having been systematically
> marginalized, alienated, or ostracized by the
> Institute as it tried transform itself to conform
> with this new vision. Needless to say, most of
> the original FARMS scholars have been dismayed by
> this inexorable movement to remake the Maxwell
1. What qualifies someone as an astute observer? Would I be considered an astute observer if have noticed a decline in quality and quantity, but instead of blaming this decline on "inner tensions" at the Maxwell institute, I'd blame it on the fact that there is no evidence that supports the Book of Mormon, Joseph Smith, or anything that relates to Mormonism's claims .... would this still quality me as an astute observer?
2. Bill, is this the best excuse that you can come up with for why Mormon Apologetics work IS and HAS BEEN a embarrassment to BYU, the Moron church, the faithful Members of the Mormon church, and your own academic reputation? While this letter does help explain DCP's series of unfortunate events, it also seems to be an admittance to the fact that the apologetic work over the last 10 years has been a complete failure ... is this what you wanted to tell us?
From what I've deduced from your letter, you seem eager to imply that IF the Maxwell Institute allowed DCP and yourself unbridled freedom to write and publish whatever and whenever you like, then, and only then, would you be able to produce better quality Mormon Apologetic research and literature. I'll be honest, I think that the intent of your letter was to hedge and excuse your own reputation WHILE mentioning DCP's problems as a side note.
Assuming that this is the case, I have to ask, what research were you planning on doing if you had your freedom? Let me guess:
1. Have you hidden vials of Lamanite or Nephit biological material that prove the Book of Mormon is true?
2. Do you have a picture of Joseph Smith seeing God, do you have video feed of yourself and DCP receiving knowledge from God?
3. Do you have proof that the Prophets and Apostles see and talk to God, Face-to-face?
4. Do you have additional journals, court documents, and eye-witnesses that prove Joseph Smith was a good guy?
5. Are you holding back on revealing the Gold Plates to the world?
6. Do you have additional papyri that would verify the Pearl of Great Price, do you have evidence that the Moron church is in fact the original church that Jesus started?
7. Are you secretly hiding thousands of scrolls written in reformed Egyptian that would verify Joseph Smith's claims?
Is this the research that you have hiding in a secret chamber somewhere? If you don't have this information, then what is it that would do or what is it that you would research if you had your freedom? I mean seriously, what do you have hiding that you think will prove the Mormon church true? I really don't get it. I mean, how is more freedom and funding going to fix the problem that the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith are frauds? I guess you could fabricate and manufacture evidence. If this is the case, then yes, you will need more money, time, and freedom. Is this your 'grand plan'? In reality, I wouldn't be surprised if both FARMS and FAIR start fabricating all kinds of evidence; I mean you've already rewritten history, why stop there?
I'll be honest here, you three are weapons-grade idiots and havn't a leg to stand on. Just to prove my point, let's go over a real world example of some your work. The point of this excercise is to show that no amount of money, time, or freedom is sufficient to increase the quality and veracity of Mopologist research and literature.
For example, let's analyze some of John A. Tvedtnes' work.
John's Work: "The Book of Mormon and Other Hidden Books: Out of Darkness Unto Light"
The annotated bibliography to John's work states:
"Kore Kosmou (Daughter of the Cosmos). A Greek Hermetic text not available in English."
link to bibliography: http://maxwellinstitute.byu.edu/publications/books/?bookid=9&chapid=86
So, the "Kore Kosmou" in Greek only, huh, hmmmm? Are you absolutely 100% sure that it wasn't translated to English in 1890? I only ask because not only was this text translated to English in America in the 1890s, but ALSO, it was translated to British English as early as the 1600s. Furthermore, the Kore Kosmou was available in GERMAN and FRENCH in America as early as the late 1700s. IN ADDITION, there have been HUNDREDS of translations of ALL Hermetic texts since the early 1900s, and many MORE books that server as a reading companion to the Hermetic texts; e.g., the book "Thrice Great Hermes" written by G.R.S. Mead in 1906 INCLUDES BOTH the translations of nearly ALL Hermetic texts in existence as well as an analysis of these texts ... this isn't just an ordinary translation, this was considered the DEFINITIVE translation of Hermetic texts, I mean it’s freaking THREE WHOLE VOLUMES of Hermetic translations, including the "Kore Kosmou", and guess what? This book was written in ENGLISH!! .. So, I have to ask, which book did John plagiarize, or what was John thinking when he wrote this article? I mean, just this simple mistake means that John probably knows NEXT TO NOTHING about Hermetic literature, so, why is John written about Hermetic literature.
Do you mean to tell me that if you, DCP, and John were allowed to write and publish whenever and whatever you like, that somehow you'd then have the motivation to check your references? That then you'd have an internet connection to Google Hermetic literature to see that an English translation has existed for hundreds of years? I don't get it.
You guys are crack addicts, you don't check your references, you have no evidence to prove Mormonism, you blame your defeat on "office tensions" at the Maxwell Institute, and you actually think that if you had free reign and/or more funding that, ONLY THEN, would you be able to produce quality Mopologist work.
This is just more proof that Mormonism is a fraud. It amazes me that you people have the guts and audacity to excuse yourselves from the reality and stupidity that YOU created.
Bill, DCP, and clueless Johnnie, I know you people love to lurk around these forums, and I am so happy for you to see this tiny example of just how stupid you people really are. As I’ve said before, “The Mormon church is so full of fail that it can be disproved by a forum troll (me) in less than 20 minutes.”