Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: December 11, 2010 07:55PM

Anybody know if he's active LDS? Seems to me he wouldn't be in that position-pun intended if he wasn't

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/home/50855818-76/president-suu-vice-curtis.html.csp#disqus_thread

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: The Motrix ( )
Date: December 11, 2010 08:01PM

Well, he is using his middle inital -- Wesley R. Curtis -- that's pretty Mormonly.

Posted by: Jesus H. Christ ( )
Date: December 11, 2010 08:36PM

The Motrix Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well, he is using his middle inital -- Wesley R.
> Curtis -- that's pretty Mormonly.

I use a middle initial and I am not a Mormon.

JHC

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: December 11, 2010 08:39PM

Jesus H. Christ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Motrix Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Well, he is using his middle inital -- Wesley
> R.
> > Curtis -- that's pretty Mormonly.
>
>
> I use a middle initial and I am not a Mormon.
>
> JHC

Neither were FDR, JFK, RFK, or LBJ.

Posted by: Carol Yearsley ( )
Date: December 11, 2010 09:40PM

Posted by: GenY ( )
Date: December 12, 2010 03:08AM

Posted by: wittyname ( )
Date: December 12, 2010 03:26AM

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: December 12, 2010 08:10AM

Ya Jackwagon! :)

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: December 12, 2010 02:40PM

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: December 11, 2010 08:24PM

Yay for entrapment!

Posted by: Stillanon ( )
Date: December 11, 2010 08:29PM

You can't entrap an innocent man. Must be his church influence was very weak. Wonder when the last time he bore his testimonkey? Wonder how mony young kids he chastised-or worse. Entrapment my ass!

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: December 11, 2010 08:33PM

He is only a vice president, not the president of SUU.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: December 11, 2010 09:08PM

More normal than I thought.

Posted by: Cristina ( )
Date: December 11, 2010 09:17PM

The president of SUU is Steve Benson's brother Michael. The one who issued the statement. So be careful confusing the president and vice president.

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: December 11, 2010 09:33PM

Date: December 11, 2010 09:36PM

It is the college in Cedar City. When I was a kid, it was CSU and then SUSC. Maybe you recognize it by those names

Posted by: Anon for confidentiality, regular poster ( )
Date: December 11, 2010 09:37PM

Date: December 11, 2010 09:39PM

Date: December 11, 2010 09:41PM

Dixie is in St George and SUU is in Cedar City

Date: December 11, 2010 09:50PM

I checked a map. Now I'm educated on southern Utah. lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2010 09:50PM by Makurosu.

Date: December 11, 2010 09:53PM

I grew up near there and my sister attended Suu or SUSC as it was called then. My brother went to Dixie.

Posted by: thebrotherofshiz ( )
Date: December 11, 2010 09:55PM

You guys made me freak out. I just graduated from SUU and I have a fairly good teacher/student relationship with President Benson so I almost lost it when you said that it involved the president of SUU. Wes Curtis I'm not surprised by though.

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: December 12, 2010 03:18AM

I don't have any relationship with Michael Benson, but his older brother is a pretty good friend of mine as well as with a number of others here at RFM...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2010 01:40PM by SL Cabbie.

Posted by: Twinker ( )
Date: December 11, 2010 10:22PM

My inside info person there doesn't know him.

Posted by: anon ( )
Date: December 11, 2010 10:30PM

what is the point of this stupid statement from the article?

“This is not like a girl in scanty clothes walking down the street making a proposition,” ( Hey they do it all the time, its called I'm a cheerleader let me wash your car for our school fund raiser!!!) McIntyre said. “You have to take some pretty substantial steps to set this up.”

No its like a really stupid law enforcement person that probably solicitates scantily clad street walking girls themselves then shooting off their mouth to the press on such matters like they really have some point to make even though they dont.

AS IF a person would not be prosecuted for soliciting in the street walker scenario described. I MEAN BESIDES THE SLEAZY COPS THAT DO IT & ARE TOTALLY IMMUNE. A brainless law enforcement person made the comment above & it sounds stupid enough that Gordon Hinckley could have said it! Word is that SLC PD was SO corrupt at prostitution enforcement, IE busting the girls & then letting them off in exchange for sexual favors, that the UHP had to be called in to enforce the law on state street on this because the SLC PD could not be trusted to do it!

I was approached by a girl on the street. She said she was from vegas and wanted to have some fun. My response to her was asking her if she was the reason that there were 3 undercover cop cars parked around the corner. That is not solicitation. The cops were listening with a bug & it pissed them off so they hauled ass out to where I was and impounded my car, without due cause just because they could & because they obviously could not make a soliciation charge work.

When I went to the police station to get the paper work to get my car out of impound the same slutty girl was now working behind the desk in uniform. There is no tramp like the resident tramp on the local Police force. I walked up to her
& said HIIIIIIEEEEEIIIII ! in the same slutty way she had approached me on the street.

IF you are a cop & you find yourself in a pinch, dont be expecting any assistance from me.

Posted by: Chonerhead ( )
Date: December 12, 2010 03:14AM

Like I care. Let him get his rocks off. Jesus Fucking Christ nothing to see here move along.

Posted by: dane ( )
Date: December 12, 2010 06:38AM

Posted by: coryantumor ( )
Date: December 12, 2010 01:53PM

there are steps you can take to protect yourself from this happening to you, if you are inclined to have encounters with working girls, best bet, are the legal brothels in nevada, failing that, carry a can of beer or any other alcoholic drink [hidden] with you as you walk along the hooker stroll, and simply offer a sip to the lady of your choice, saying "just want to make sure neither of us is working for law enforcement" if she accepts, and is a cop, that's entrapment , if she declines, most likely a cop, most real working girls will take a sip. of course no plan is perfect as cops willingly commit perjury on a daily basis, and at the very least will charge you with public consumption and or open container in public. as anon said above, cops will f*ck with you because they can, including holding you for 72 hrs without charge, and no, i don't speak from personal experience, my brother is a defense attorney

Posted by: Law Clerk ( )
Date: December 12, 2010 02:10PM

This is not entrapment. If you followed this posters advice, and were charged with prostitution, the solicitation you make to the undercover officer would absolutely be admissible evidence against you.

If you need competent legal advice, seek the counsel of a real attorney. Also, don't break the law. If prostitution is illegal where you live, you REAL best bet is to NOT SOLICIT PROSTITUTES!

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: December 12, 2010 02:38PM

If it had been my brother Mike (who is actually the Prez of SUU), I think I would have heard of it by now.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2010 04:17PM by steve benson.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.