Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Freevolved ( )
Date: December 12, 2010 04:41PM

So long story, but I accidentally stumbled across this article in the New Era called "The Incomparable Joseph Smith." http://lds.org/new-era/1972/01/the-incomparable-joseph-smith?lang=eng.

I thought it was funny given Grant Palmer's book "The Incomparable Jesus." The article is from 1972, but I still think its hilarious given that Jesus should be the one that is incomparable for mormons. I had to laugh as I read the article. Here are some of the quotes.

"what manner of man was this Joseph Smith?" This almost sounded like a scriptural reference to Christ.

It goes on to cite quotes that "prove" JS was the best husband Emma could've asked for, and the best father to his kids then says.

"These few random entries are enough. They more than tell a story about Joseph Smith—man of love, man who cared, man of concern. He was never too busy to do something for others—in this instance, his family." Never too busy to do something for his family - right. Fanny Alger was for Emma's sake. Haha I think they should re-print this article. It's classic.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.