Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: charles, buddhist punk ( )
Date: December 13, 2010 10:49AM

There it is in all its splendor. The BOM, having its 'copyright' lapse, is now a free e-book on the project's website. Available for download in html, Kindle, plaint text, and other formats. Knock yourselves out, TBMs!

The project must have scanned a late 1990's edition because the introduction still states "Wherefore, it is an abridgment of the record of the people of Nephi, and also of the Lamanites—Written to the Lamanites, who are a remnant of the house of Israel..." way before Lamanite-Jewish DNA studies blew their teachings out of the water.

However, 2 Nephi 30:6 now reads "pure and delightsome" instead of the earlier, more inspired "white and delightsome". Outstanding.

Also available, The Wentworth Letter. I find I can't stomach the BS in this piece. Smith writing: "I have written the following sketch of the rise, progress, persecution, and faith of the Latter-Day Saints, of which I have the honor, under God, of being the founder." --- Mmmkay, but when I was in the youth program, it was rammed down our throats that Jesus founded this church. I endeavored, therefore, to spare myself the rising nausea and post my findings here in RfM instead.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: angsty ( )
Date: December 13, 2010 10:51AM

Now I can tell people where they can read it for free without having to expose themselves to LDS.org.

It really is stupidity, all of it.

Date: December 13, 2010 10:52AM

Agreed, sir [or madame]!

I now turn to The Kama Sutra of Vatsyayana for a more enlightened and, uhm, fun evening.

Date: December 13, 2010 11:00AM

Guido Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Project Gutenberg is a royal pain in the ass to
> use, too.
> It won't work right if you don't have the most
> advanced system available, and a wide screen
> monitor.
> Sometimes I think a lot of websites deliberately
> design them to be difficult for poor people to
> use.

LOL, they are retrofitting their offering to work with Kindle. I think it was initially strictly for large screen format, ASCII and plain text or html were your friends back then.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.