Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Flyer ( )
Date: June 30, 2012 02:43PM

Wikipedia calls him a "scammer" - I kid you not:

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_G._Allen_(author)

"Robert G. Allen (born May 20, 1948 in Raymond, Alberta) is a Canadian-American scammer.

"Allen was raised as a member of the LDS Church and lived in Tahiti as a missionary for two years.After graduating with an MBA from Brigham Young University, in 1974, by his own account he began making small real estate investments and eventually became a self-made millionaire and amassed a multi-million dollar net worth in just a few years."

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: June 30, 2012 03:54PM

Is he a legit business man or a classic con artist?

Posted by: annabelle ( )
Date: June 30, 2012 06:47PM

Yes & YES YES YES! I met him in the 70's because he married my friend's sister's friend - daryl. Yes that is her name. He is where I learned all about the mormons and their love of mlm and scams. So when my friend and I visited them when they were first married and lived in Provo-daryl showed us their elaborate home and we thought it odd that newlyweds had separate bedrooms-they had three kids but I always wondered about him besides the fraud and the scams he ran and his stupid books.... Daryl was more interested in money and status anyway.

Posted by: Birdie2 ( )
Date: June 30, 2012 07:34PM

Do tell. Is he still married? His wiki entry doesn't say, so it looks like maybe it didn't work out.

They had 3 kids back in the 70's? Wonder if they are still Mormon. Is he?

He's writing books with Mark Victor Hansen of Chicken Soupt for the Soul Fame. Makes me wonder if he advised Hansen, on how to write a zillion books (MLM style)???

Posted by: MoneyStart ( )
Date: October 27, 2013 02:20PM

I know this thread is over 1 year old, I wonder if I could still contribute. I am not a Mormon, neither from Utah or form USA. I am from UK. I have not attended to any of Robert G Allen's seminars. Instead I bought his book, "Multiple Streams Of Incomes," which I have read. Most of the things that I read are outdated, but I found the book of immense use.

I applied the principles to myself. I can honestly say that I was just an average Joe working 9-5 and not getting anywhere. In fact I have been in debt. This book encouraged me to pay off the debts and start developing multiple streams of income. I am not a millionaire yet, but I have started to 1 stream of income which I am making stronger as I develop other incomes. By doing this I have found my life opening up to other opportunities, gaining confidence and hope.

So I think Robert G Allen is not a scam.

Posted by: lucky ( )
Date: July 08, 2012 06:16PM

"So when my friend and I visited them when they were first married and lived in Provo-daryl showed us their elaborate home and we thought it odd that newlyweds had separate bedrooms-"

If you really knew how loud some ppl can snore, then you would not wonder.

Posted by: Tara the Pagan ( )
Date: June 30, 2012 07:31PM

IMHO, he's a scammer, and here's why:
-- Go to http://www.robertgallen.com/enlightenedmillionairechallenge.php

-- Read the questions. I can't believe the kind of info he asks for! He wants info about your retirement, savings, credit cards, and more!

-- Notice Question 29: "Yes, Robert Allen has my permission to use me as a testimonial."

-- Notice Question 30: "Yes, I am willing to make a financial investment for this opportunity to work with Robert G. Allen."

He is charging people for the "opportunity" to generate testimonials for his website.

Even worse, I went to a "business meeting" sponsored by a group that used his methods. I walked out because they vilified poor people and showed the group members how to take advantage of them by buying their homes for small amounts of their market value and then re-selling at huge profits. They pretended that they were "helping" these people who'd lost their jobs, etc. and were getting foreclosed on. It was truly appalling.

Date: June 30, 2012 07:38PM

Robert Allen is such a scam artist and a CHEAP as$. When my friend who is close friends with his wife got married-'bob' and daryl arrived in splendor-draped in jewelry in their expensive car and gave the newlyweds one of his stupid books as the wedding gift. This was daryl's best best friend !?

Date: June 30, 2012 07:48PM

yes he is still married-daryl is all about appearances and money. She loves having her main home near the san diego temple and then numerous vacation homes. she likes to have friends and family come to the vacation homes so she can sell them on bob's ways to financial security-as in sell them his progams etc. show off mostly that she is like the rich special mormons-she is a devoted mom and bob and she have a prenup--- so she wants to keep her status in the church & all her money and homes. She does not care what he does as long as he makes her lots of money.

Posted by: Exmogal ( )
Date: July 01, 2012 05:15PM

Ick. People who are into appearances, not limited to but so very Mor(m)on-ish

Posted by: LCMc ( )
Date: July 08, 2012 10:28AM

OOOOOO I guess Heidi told us.

Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: July 08, 2012 10:29AM

I'm shaking in my boots right now...
Well I'm not actually wearing boots, but...you get the picture :)

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: July 08, 2012 03:58PM

Poor little Heidi. She thinks all the people here are Christians.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2012 03:59PM by suckafoo.

Posted by: Leonardo Ruiz ( )
Date: July 08, 2012 06:08PM

Hey guys, I am not a Mormon but have strong ties to people living in Utah and of course Robert Allen. I love your state an its people also I would like to say that I have been friend to the Allen's for the last 3 years and the things that are written in this threat does not match with what I have wittnesed. I wish you all a great day.

Posted by: Anoncal ( )
Date: July 08, 2012 06:31PM

Get rich schemes contradict the economic law do supply and demand. These peddlers pray on people's greed and/or desperation.

These peddlers are scammers and they know that 99% of the people who buy their overpriced product fail. But yet they still promote the product as if everyone can be successful. Again, this contradicts the most basic economic law of supply and demand.

Robert Alln has been order to seize and desist in many states. But he just starts over under a new name.

Posted by: exmormon ( )
Date: July 08, 2012 06:58PM

Us exmormons are skeptical. If it is too good to be true it probably is not true. Allen's claims need to be examined. Don't trust the "testimonials". Many of us got screwed over by the Mormon church. Get rich quick claims are not much different.

http://www.programcritique.com/subcategories/onlinegurus/RobertGAllen.html

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: July 08, 2012 06:25PM

It's nice to know that Robert and Daryl's friends are reading ex mormon web sites. They might learn something.

Wouldn't surprise me if Leonardo and Heidi were really Robert and Daryl, looking to see if exmormons might be a good target for their business 'ideas'.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2012 06:25PM by Mia.

Date: July 08, 2012 06:38PM

Hey ----people asked and I only knew the Allens from summer 1977 -and Daryl a little bit before in a home ward before she got married.She is the friend of a friend-she is much older then I am.She was the girls camp supervisor person when I was a 1st year-camper--
I am not a Mormon anymore--and I dont lie. Daryl's a great mom and Robert Allen makes a lot of money on MLM and selling his real estate books. They love money and being rich mormons-
That's pretty much it-get over it super'christians'who like to judge...

Posted by: lucky ( )
Date: July 09, 2012 06:17AM

Flyer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wikipedia calls him a "scammer" - I kid you not:

It does Not anymore, *some one* deleted this wikipedia page

> See
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_G._Allen_(auth
> or)

Posted by: dimmesdale ( )
Date: July 09, 2012 09:56AM

really let their dogs out, didn't they.
What are they looking at this site for?
Interesting.

Posted by: Bill Phillips ( )
Date: July 09, 2012 10:03AM

I've invested in Bob's programs and can tell you that if you apply what he teaches then you can create success in your life.

The challenge is most people never apply or take any action. It's like signing up for the gym. Just because you sign up doesn't mean you're going to be fit. You have to do something.

No matter what religion.

Date: July 09, 2012 04:56PM

The principles he teaches may be good ones, such as finding a way to get a down payment or home with no payment.

But I'm not sure I like the methodology of getting people to go to hear lectures or speeches, being told it's "free" to attend, and then once there, being cornered with a requirement to sign up or pay for a book or consulting, etc.

I think the Kawasaki guy used this method, and am not sure if Allen uses the same methods or not. But that to me is very MLM/Timeshare-ish.

Like the time I was offered a free lunch at a hotel in Hawaii, only to find out once there that it was organized by a timeshare company that locked the doors and wouldn't let anyone leave without signing up. I'm not saying Allen does this kind of thing. I'm asking if he does, because I have never been to one of his events. Does he?

Posted by: Anon this time ( )
Date: July 10, 2012 02:17AM

When you go to a Robert Allen event, generally you know you are at a Robert Allen event. And very, very rarely is he present. I've never experienced or seen him lock any door except people's minds. Pretty much, if you don't buy you're made to seem stupid...but really, you're a genius.

But wow is he great at coming across like the most gracious, giving, honorable man on the planet. Don't believe it.

Date: July 10, 2012 02:11AM

Bob is a full-fledged scammer. I know him personally. I have worked beside him, not out in the crowd or as one who purchased a product. My view is from behind the scenes. I have experienced him manipulating many people. He is great at telling the perfect story at the perfect time and crying on demand. He has studied, in depth, how to use mind control to drive a crowd in exactly the direction he wants them to go. I KNOW THIS PERSONALLY AND HAVE HEARD HIM TELL HOW: from getting people to do simple things, like raise their hands to get used to obeying him...to yelling and shaming people. He has no qualms about taking money that people can't afford to lose--laughing that most people don't even open the package. Yes, I suppose they aren't giving it their best, but he knows he is taking from people that have been emotionally driven to buy what they can't afford. You should see him make a crowd rush the stage for "limited" deals. He's a pro. RUN away quickly! Don't walk! P.S. Bob is also great at finding a way around honoring his promises. And yes, Daryl LOVES money, power and control. They are a perfect, game-face team.

Posted by: Exmo Dad ( )
Date: July 10, 2012 10:17AM

Thanks for the info. I've wondered this, and it's interesting, how many Mormons seen pulled into scam/con-artist businesses.

Date: October 27, 2013 10:03PM

Robert Allen's bible...a book called, Influence. It's written to help people avoid being conned and manipulated. It began my defection from Mormonism...so you all might like it. He, however, uses it to teach those around him the tactics of "influence".

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.