Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: esias ( )
Date: July 03, 2012 12:25PM

Step inside and welcome to the fantasy wacky weird world of Mormon Second Anointings. 'Anointed One' posted in 2008:

"I was anointed with oil, on the top of my head, and then hands were laid upon my head, and I was ordained a king and a priest unto the Most High God, to rule and reign in the House of Israel forever. My head, brow, eyes, ears nose, lips etc. were anointed with oil and specific blessings were given related to knowing, understanding and speaking the truth. This ordinance gave me the fullness of the priesthood and a blessing was given which included the following :-

Sealing power to bind & loose, curse & bless.
Blessings of Abraham, Isaac & Jacob.
The Holy Spirit of Promise bestowed.
Blessed to live as long as life is desirable.
Blessed to attain unto the Godhood.
Power to be a member of a Godhead bestowed.
Sealed up to eternal life
Power to have the heavens opened."

Power to have the heavens opened! Like a bad acid trip the second anointee has the power to turn the world into an Alice in Wonderland private playground. Now that would be some trick.

Power to have the heavens opened - Oh no they don't! Not even Dodo Holland would defend such nonsense. One demonstration of opening the heavens would suffice to make us change our minds about Mormonism being a tub of tosh.

Proof on a plate of a pathetic fallacy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: July 03, 2012 12:54PM

If I had this bestowed on me...
"Power to have the heavens opened."

...I'd take it for a test-drive IMMEDIATELY! Bwahahahahahaha!

Posted by: omen ( )
Date: July 03, 2012 01:05PM

I'll have to agree.

Certainly this could in no way be considered a misuse of the power. You are demonstrating that there is in fact a god, that he has bestowed power to you, and you are trying to bring people to his kingdom. No one is being forced to believe, you are simply providing evidence for your claims. You couldn't keep people away from the church if this happened. So what are the excuses?

1. God doesn't work that way
2. I only get the power when he sees fit (see "Highway to Heaven")
3. My dog ate my powers
4. I would but my chick is here
5. I already did it earlier when you weren't looking, and I'm tired
6. I just ate and I can't swim in god's powers until 30 minutes later or I'll get cramps
7. Poof! There can you see it! I opened up yon heavens! Oh...you don't see it?....Well, you don't have enough faith.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: July 03, 2012 06:35PM

Whenever there's a post about Second Anointings, I retell the story of Howard A. Hunter's daughter-in-law, who was our bishop's wife when I joined the church.

One day in Relief Society testimony meeting she was complaining tearfully about not having a Second Witness. Why hasn't she seen Christ? (like others in her family?) She has checked and checked her worthiness (sniff) and can't understand it. Just wanted to let us sisters know what was on her mind because she loves us so much.

You could have heard a pin drop. Can you imagine following that act with your own puny concerns about finishing your Visiting Teaching on time?

I now realize that the GA's make their families believe they have had "an experience to sacred to discuss" to endow themselves with halos and the implication that The Force is with them, Star-Wars-style.

I wish I could say I never bought it, but alas...

Anagrammy

Posted by: ambivalent exmo ( )
Date: July 04, 2012 04:24AM

Anagrammy, you are SO, SO right!
Gawd, the conversations with my sister's in-laws were CRAZY.
And the kids ideas of the world and morgdom were/are absolutely ridiculous.
The stories of personal "visitations" and " spirichewall experiences" retold with zombie-like reverence, followed by
"but each morning granpa
puts his pants on, one leg at a time, just like everyone else"
used to enthrall me..
I felt so special to be at the periphery of Mormon royalty....
now, looking back, it just makes my skin crawl...

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: July 04, 2012 03:21PM

It is on my wish list that Bill Maher will make the right phone call to the Jewish Defamation League and let them know that the Mormon elite in the Second Annointing receive the right

"to rule and reign in the House of Israel forever"

AND

the term for non-Mormon is "gentile," even if it's a Hasidic Jew.

Anagrammy

Posted by: jezebel2mishies ( )
Date: July 04, 2012 03:30PM

I can't help but think of this scene...

"One must command from each what each can perform," the king went on. "Authority is based first of all upon reason. If you command your subjects to jump into the ocean, there will be a revolution. I am entitled to command obedience because my orders are reasonable."
" Then my sunset?" insisted the little prince, who never let go of a question once he had asked it.
"You shall have your sunset. I shall command it. But I shall wait, according to my science of government, until conditions are favorable."

I just read the Little Prince for the fifth time in my life, and I cant help but wonder if Antoine de St. Exupery ever studied the LDS Church before writing this masterpiece. The similarities are damning...the most glaring of which is that people have their own planets.

Posted by: Twinker ( )
Date: July 04, 2012 03:36PM

A TBM, someone I really liked and respected, gave me the book "The Little Prince" 40 or so years ago. I thought it was the dumbest thing I had ever read.

Now I understand his enchantment with it.

It all fits.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: July 03, 2012 01:27PM

"Sealing power to bind & loose, curse & bless.
Blessings of Abraham, Isaac & Jacob.
The Holy Spirit of Promise bestowed.
Blessed to live as long as life is desirable.
Blessed to attain unto the Godhood.
Power to be a member of a Godhead bestowed.
Sealed up to eternal life
Power to have the heavens opened."

===============================================

I always laugh when I hear crap like this.

It's like the mormons are children with their secrets and huge imaginations and they won't let you in their tree house.

Posted by: 3X ( )
Date: July 03, 2012 05:56PM

<snort> Watch out, Dave - I think that dilapidated tree house is falling to earth.

Posted by: anointed one ( )
Date: July 03, 2012 01:33PM

.... I know it is all hogwash. I have lost all respect for the "Brethren" who perpetuate this nonsense. They are indeed dodos or liars or both.

Posted by: freeman ( )
Date: July 03, 2012 05:06PM

So suppose somebody has the Second Anointing... Do you think they *know* it's BS? Do you think they care? Or maybe they are so "righteous" that they would never ever misuse God's powers, and so would never need to tempt him or test him? They sincerely believe they do have the power to open the heavens, for instance, but don't have any rightous need to, so don't bother trying.

Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: July 03, 2012 05:16PM

anointed one HAD the 2nd anointing, and now look where he is. LOL!

Posted by: 3X ( )
Date: July 03, 2012 05:58PM

He's had the Ultimate Anointing: membership in RFM.

Posted by: Bradley ( )
Date: July 03, 2012 05:42PM

"to rule and reign in the House of Israel forever"

Sure, let me know how that works out.

Posted by: A ANON ( )
Date: July 04, 2012 04:04PM

Every Fraternal Order has to offer higher and higher "degrees" and (supposed) "powers" in order to keep motivating the lodge members to move upward and onward (and also keep contributing their time, devotion and money).

So, you eventually end up with names like: "The Grand Exalted Wizard of the Royal Linage", or some other idiotic title and rank. More sashes, and robes, and hats, and medals, and ribbons, and feathers, and -- most of all -- elevating SECRETS that those lesser and below you have not (and may never) learn.

Honor and respect and social power become everything in the lodge. In the Mormon cult this process starts early: Even a twelve-year-old kid can work hard to become "President" of his Deacons'quorum! From then on it's a never-ending ego trip

As it has been said before:

"Mormonism would have you believe that God runs His Universe like a Moose Lodge"

Posted by: Outcast ( )
Date: July 04, 2012 09:47PM

I always think of this when I see a post about 2nd Anointings: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF_iv1no1eo

Posted by: truthseeker ( )
Date: July 04, 2012 09:56PM

that was awesome

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.