Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: noah ( )
Date: July 15, 2012 02:46PM

"Mormon Temple Veil Instructions" on YouTube?

Admin note:

"Noah" and associates,

You have received numerous warnings not to post this stuff here. You promised it to keep it off the board, but here you are trying to sneak it back in. I guess it shows how much your word is worth.

If you really have a video of Mitt Romney in the temple then release it publically and stop trying to leverage this web site to do your work for you. You don't need us anyway: the media and the public will do any summarizing and you will get more publicity than you bargained for. There's no point in involving us unless you are just trying to build a buzz around something that you don't really have.

By posting your claims here, where the church monitors everything, you've already telegraphed your move to the Romney campaign and they are no doubt preparing for the fallout. This makes delaying the release for an "October surprise" silly and just bad strategy, and further reinforces the suspicion that you have nothing credible.

Also, the temple movie is indeed covered by copyright so you have violated the law. The U.S.A. is a signatory of the Berne Convention which stipulates that the works of authors are copyrighted from the moment of creation, with no need to register or perform any other act. Granted that the church is unilkely to go after you for it because that would just increase the publicity.

However, if you recorded any audio conversations to which you were not a party (e.g. Mitt Romney mumbling back the ritual at the veil), then they can (and probably will) go after you for violating wiretapping laws.

This site does not want to be a party to your illegal activities. Do what you want, but not here. Stay off the board. Post no more links. And stop being such a coward by hiding behind others.

Admin

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2012 05:16PM by Concrete Zipper.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: July 15, 2012 02:56PM

Nobody: OMG! Is that NEW?

Me: Yes. At least it's a newly posted video.

Nobody: Wow!

Posted by: The Motrix ( )
Date: July 15, 2012 03:06PM

Me: Awesome!

Looks like you were a front row joe -- were you the witness?

Date: July 15, 2012 03:11PM

No. Mitt Romney was the witness at this one.

Posted by: rainwriter ( )
Date: July 15, 2012 03:12PM

:D At least you're showing us enough teasers to know that you're telling the truth about the recording.

(Now you have me wondering where exactly one "hides" a camera and gets away with it. Video must be harder than audio.

Posted by: No Mo ( )
Date: July 15, 2012 03:32PM

...but how much does it cost to keep that temple recommend?

Date: July 15, 2012 03:41PM

No Mo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...but how much does it cost to keep that temple
> recommend?

I haven't paid those idiots more than $20 over the past year. The recommends are good for 2 full years.

Just cuz I'm not a believer doesn't mean I didn't get my recommend fair and square. If everyone who wasn't ACTIVELY paying a full tithe and/or didn't "fully believe" wasn't allowed in the temple then EVERY session would look like the one this video was made in. EVERY single woman present, all 7 of them, had to stand in the prayer circle. So did I.

No laws were violated in the making of that video. The endowment isn't copyrighted and state law doesn't prohibit filming in a place like the temple or churches.

Surely I'm not the first person who didn't believe but still pretends like he does sometimes.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: July 15, 2012 03:55PM

Posted by: jah ( )
Date: July 15, 2012 03:57PM

Plus, you don't technically have to pay a dime. They don't pull the record in the interview (at least my branch President never did). He just asked me if I was a full tithe payer. "Yes sir, I am. (I never was; I had better things to do with my money like pay bills.)"

Date: July 15, 2012 04:12PM

If you think THIS one is creepy, you aint seen nuttin yet. There are many many more episodes to come and they just get weirder and weirder.

[I must emphasize, this episode and all of the episodes to come have been made in full legal compliance with any/all laws in the states they are made in. We are soley responsible for all liability and the owners of this site have no knowledge or responsibility of any/all episodes.]

Signed,

Noah Buildaboat - 1 of 7

Posted by: redpill ( )
Date: July 15, 2012 04:03PM

Yeah. More light shed on the dark corners of religion.

I think it is wrong to thrust the young lds(like myself 20+ years ago) into the temple and be completely blindsided with no prior knowledge and then not to be able to talk about it outside the temple. Cult behavior at its best.

Oh and you are going to burn and be punished by ......Santa, and the easter bunny? No, probably the danites are coming for you.

They can just stop with the threats. Lets just let god decide who gets BBQ'd. Ah, the peacefulness I feel from religion... "WE are loving and obedient followers of a peaceful god...WHO SHALL BURN YOUR SOUL AND CAST YOU DOWN WITH SATAN!!!!

Great job noah.

Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: July 15, 2012 04:04PM

All my husband could say was..."wierd."

Posted by: Zeezromp ( )
Date: July 15, 2012 04:16PM

I reckon those Cult Leaders at HQ will get their garments in a twist seeing this on you tube! lol

I look forward to more snippets. hahahah

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: July 15, 2012 04:59PM

If they come after you, be sure you hold up a cross to scare them off.

Since you're a temple patron you must already have protective garmies. A jupiter talisman might be a good thing to have. You can hold it up and say "What is this?" they'll say "I don't know" and you can say "I will tell you thru the veil"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2012 05:00PM by Mia.

Posted by: Concrete Zipper ( )
Date: July 15, 2012 05:17PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.