Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: July 16, 2012 03:28PM

I've been reading "Sex and Punishment." It's a history of sexual restrictions. Part way through the first half of the book, the darker, hornier, self-serving side of my personality became envious of men who lived back when prostitution was totally legal and socially accepted. Yeah, why not?

Okay, there was the brutality, ugliness and cruelty that went along with it. And there was the whole women as only property thing. But my testosterone kept whispering (okay, shouting) that it would be so cool to have the easy access to sex that socially-accepted prostitution offers. JS probably thought the same thing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rander70 ( )
Date: July 16, 2012 04:52PM

Stray Mutt, you're only human. It is normal to want easy-access to sex, but acting on it by hurting others is an entirely different story. Joseph Smith obviously had no remorse for what he did. I know I have been throwing this word around a lot, but I truly believe he was a sociopath and it was developed from childhood traumitization... I heard that it may have been from that leg surgury he had when he was 6. Are you a sociopath who has no remorse for hurting people? I can tell you right now, your not. If you were then you wouldnt have posted this with shame hanging over you.

Posted by: The Oncoming Storm - bc ( )
Date: July 16, 2012 04:55PM

My theory is more along the lines of absolute power corrupts absolutely. By the time he was marrying all those women he had already spent 10+ years where all the people around him would do anything he said - kind of Lebron James syndrome times 50.

Not to say we wasn't also a sociopath.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.