Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Concrete Zipper ( )
Date: July 21, 2012 05:15PM

"Fire officials said 21 people at an event hosted by motivational speaker Tony Robbins suffered burns while walking across hot coals, and three of the injured were treated at hospitals.

The injuries took place during the first day Thursday of a four-day event at the San Jose Convention Center hosted by Robbins called "Unleash the Power Within." Most of those hurt had second and third degree burns, said San Jose Fire Department Capt. Reggie Williams.

Walking across hot coals heated to between 1,200 to 2,000 degrees provides attendees an opportunity to "understand that there is absolutely nothing you can overcome," according to the motivational speaker's website."

Here's the full article:
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/21-treated-burns-robbins-event-16826432

I suspect that the phrase "there is absolutely nothing you can overcome" is a typo and that there's a missing apostrophe and "t".

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: July 21, 2012 06:04PM

Posted by: Greg ( )
Date: July 21, 2012 06:07PM

That's interesting. I went through an EST training seminar awhile back and at the end of the training, which lasted about 2 months, we walked on coals.

I found it to be an interesting, positive, and exhilarating experience. I don't claim to understand it, but I know that of the 30-odd people who did it that night, none complained of being burned.

I did a little research and the physics of it are such that it's understandable to science for the most part, except in cases where one remains stationary on the coals for any length of time, or does a very long walk.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.