Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: not part of the problem ( )
Date: December 16, 2010 02:36PM

My husband is jack Mormon. He doesn't go to church since I stopped going (but keeps saying he should go back). He listens to me about certain things like the mall and Prop 8 and agrees with me that they're wrong. I think at heart he is TBM though because no matter what, he says "I know that what that prophet did is wrong but I know the church/BoM is true…" kind of the old "the church is perfect but men are not" thing.

Anyway, a few years ago I started to refuse for us to pay tithing. He went along with it stubbornly. I pointed out to him yesterday that since we stopped paying tithing, we now have savings, our debt is almost paid off, we've been able to buy a few nice things and even move into a nicer apartment. Then I pointed out two times when we were scraping by and we got unexpected money.

He looked thoughtful. "Yes…" he said, "I now have an anti-tithing testimony."

Win.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Adult of god ( )
Date: December 16, 2010 02:51PM

An anti-tithing testimony strikes at the heart of the morg!

Posted by: Lillium ( )
Date: December 16, 2010 02:56PM

Yay anti-tithing! ;-)

Posted by: maria ( )
Date: December 16, 2010 03:03PM

About a month after resigning, right before my wedding, my now-husband and I were in serious dire straights. It came down to the point where we were going to have to cancel the wedding the next day, or pawn a bunch of stuff.

The next day, we got a $400 check in the mail from one of his relatives.

It was only a coincidence, but what an awesome one at that.

And so, in retaining mormon idiocy, I'll just say that the Lord blessed me because I resigned. :)

Posted by: Jesus Smith ( )
Date: December 16, 2010 03:58PM

If he's not paying tithing and not attending/serving, he's as apostate as it matters to LDSinc.

For that matter, he may be worse. He's not off the books, but an issue to have to deal with. He's luke warm.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.