Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: rlawrence ( )
Date: July 29, 2012 05:31PM

SO growing up in TSCC all I heard was get married young, pop out lots of kids, keep your wife home as homemaker, oh and give us 10 percent of what ever you do make though it wont be enough to raise your family and or keep your self esteem up. Especially as you get out in the working world and see non- believers who we are supposed to convert, get married a little older. have both spouses work to get ahead, put a little in savings.

Anyways, all this bull.... plus all the new facts out in the last 10 years or so is so beyong enough to recognize this as one of the worst controlling cults on the planet. So many are leaving now that they have to falsify memership. Sorry to rant just had to get it out. Cant wait tp perhaps meet people in No Orance County next week. Be well and thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rationalguy ( )
Date: July 29, 2012 05:35PM

I followed their program and now find myself near retirement and no where near financially prepared for it. They give bad advice, and I found out the hard way. I should have waited longer to get married and not had so many children. Also. If I'd put that 10% into retirement I'd have no worries.

Posted by: dec ( )
Date: July 29, 2012 06:10PM

maybe when we retire they'll let us go work in the mall as a greeter to earn extra money.

oh, darn, I can't, I'm not a U.S. citizen so my tithe money to the mall couldn't even help me in that scenario.

Date: July 29, 2012 05:41PM

thank you.

I will be ok but its been far harder than it need be and was a big part why my spouse left last year. Average cost to raise a child not including college is 250k right, so do the math. I am hearing that they are not saying this bull.... anymore so at least that is better. I think this is so much from BKP since he had so many kids and had to never exist in the real world since he was always CES right. Anywways

Posted by: anonemouse ( )
Date: July 29, 2012 05:55PM

+1 rationalguy I am in the same boat

Posted by: rationalguy ( )
Date: July 29, 2012 06:14PM

Yes, I love every one of my seven bio kids and four step kids, but unless you subscribe to the silly notion of "spirits in heaven waiting for bodies," It was too many. (In earlier times, you could expect your children to support you in old age, but now, there's no such custom.. and who'd want that anyway?)

Date: July 29, 2012 06:22PM

Thank you.

AS one reads cult behavior it is so apparent. the indoctrination is beyond right, even the ex may think I am not worthy enough to be rich yet, nevermind that she contributed off and on for several years but nothing like a professional career would have. Anyway I have four awesome kids, some are in TSCC, most not but they are my greatest joy.

Date: July 29, 2012 06:26PM

forgot to add its all about tithing! The temple is the final straw one must pay to gain salvation, sounds like the latest news about the cult in the news about Tom Cruise LOL.

What ever happened to Jesus working with the poor and down trodden. Last thing have you read about the second annointing where members just suggest names and then thats it they are promised salvation

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.