Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: August 14, 2012 05:52PM

Just where oh where do the Mormons think their crappy 2-year supply of freeze-dried food, wheat and honey is gonna ultimately end up anyway in the long run(s)???

When the big one comes and there's no power...no water...no nuthin'...well what you gonna do?

This thing works like a charm anywhere...all you need is that ubiquitous 5-gallon plastic container that your wheat and honey came in in the first place...

http://www.duskyonline.com/THRONE-p-marine-heads.html

Or so it seems to me...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: August 14, 2012 05:59PM

Posted by: foggy ( )
Date: August 14, 2012 06:17PM

I am proud (or embarrassed) to say that we have a similar version to that on a shiny new bright yellow bucket, sitting in our basement right now, courtesy of TBM mom.

Posted by: Brethren,adieu ( )
Date: August 14, 2012 06:57PM

Yeah, same here-courtesy of TBM mom. A frickin toilet seat in our garage taking up space.
And I keep bugging my wife to either dump or sell all those tins of wheat. We can use the rice and macaroni no problem. But the wheat? All that wheat taking up storage space that is never going to get used. And she keeps complaining that we don't have enough storage space. Storage space for what? So we can store more wheat?! Who in the world is gonna take the time to grind wheat and make bread? We've been married almost 20 years, i've never seen her make one single loaf of bread.

Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: August 14, 2012 07:42PM

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: August 15, 2012 12:57AM

One of us is still extant.

Posted by: androidandy ( )
Date: August 15, 2012 01:03AM

2 yr supply of some Sin Fire cinnamon whisky and a big bag of weed.

Posted by: drwal ( )
Date: August 15, 2012 01:05AM

My ex-Mormon in-laws gave us a two year supply of freeze dried cans of stuff. What a terrible wedding present!

Posted by: Dee Lightsum ( )
Date: August 15, 2012 01:09AM

My parents have always had food storage but lately they've really amped it up. All the 72 hour kits are packed in backpacks, they're stalking up on medicines etc.

Every time they start to discuss their survival plans I feel like saying "obviously the churh doesn't think the end is near or else they wouldn't have built that billion dollar mall."

I don't say it though because their responses to comments like that are completely nonsensical and it throws me for a loop. I just can't argue with crazy.

Posted by: I believed this once, years ago.. ( )
Date: August 15, 2012 11:10AM

My TBM mom is floating the idea of giving all her children freeze-dried packets of food for Christmas this year.

The End-Times-Crazy is at an all time high. No use to try and talk sense to these people. There is a part of them that REALLY WANTS chaos and distaster to happen, so they can justify years of food hoarding.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.