Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: tiptoes ( )
Date: August 19, 2012 01:16PM

crop your wedding pictures so the words "Holiness to the Lord" and all trademark aspects of Mormonism do not take presence in your photos? I have started the process on a few photos and am lucky that so few were taken with the temple in the background.

Also please pull out your voodoo dolls of Tiptoes (you know you have one ;) ) and kindly place it the most beautiful environment around you, switch on that Enya music, as I will soon be in the presence of the extended TBM family members that abhor me. I am going to need all the good vibes I can get. I am going to try to behave myself.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2012 01:17PM by tiptoes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: brigantia ( )
Date: August 19, 2012 01:50PM

Date: August 19, 2012 03:34PM

Thanks Briggy. ;)

Date: August 20, 2012 11:39PM

Well I survived. I was ignored pretty much for two and half hours. One of my BILs asked me whether or not I was working again. My FIL has not spoken to me in over a year now. Upon leaving I get a fake hug from MIL. Someone always brings up a church story. Same old crap. I loved it when my oldest took off her swimsuit coverup and was wearing a bikini. Truly a sign of the devil ;)

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: August 19, 2012 03:36PM

Always keep in mind that you have people you can vent to and who are rooting for well being here.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: August 19, 2012 03:40PM

No, thankfully our best wedding picture only shows a corner of the temple - it could be anywhere. I did buy a framed saying at Seagull Book once and covered over the accompanying D&C verse. The saying wasn't even by a Mormon, but it was done in calligraphy and underneath, in a much smaller font, was the D&C verse someone thought pertained. I took the frame apart and added some decorative fabric, buttons, dried flowers etc. to cover the D&C part, because I liked the saying but didn't want the Mormonism to mess it up. It actually looks pretty good, which surprised me because I'm not that great at the creative stuff. I'll do it now and again, but I claim no great talent.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: August 19, 2012 03:42PM

Oh, BTW - good luck with your family. I'm a big believer in keeping a loaded pre-paid Starbucks card handy when you are dealing with TBM relatives. You can sneak off, drink a coffee in your car, and come back filled with some liquid defined boundaries between your beliefs and theirs. It really is surprisingly heartening.

Date: August 20, 2012 11:41PM

I love all the research I did finding out about my heritage. I do intend on writing church headquarters and request them to remove all my family members names I submitted.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: August 20, 2012 11:52PM

I divorced my RM about 40 years ago. Of course, we're still sealed for eternity. My 2 kids (Not his) he doesn't even know exists are also sealed to him.

BUT, there are no pics of my moment of insanity. In the computer world they would say he's been DELETED.

Posted by: anona ( )
Date: August 20, 2012 11:53PM

my wedding photos at the temple include us standing next to the sign that says "erected 1996"... lol

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: August 21, 2012 12:13AM

Didn't have to.....we were married by my old bishop, because he's a friend, but he'd been released as bishop but still had a valid licence to marry us. Nothing of the Cult was mentioned. Oh, and my dear sweet wife of 39 years is a Catholic....

Ron Burr

Posted by: maria ( )
Date: August 21, 2012 12:15AM

Not to rub anything in, but my marriage took place at a beautiful lodge along one of the bluest lakes in our state. I have pictures of my husband and me throughout the whole ceremony. There were children, family members, and friends at the wedding, and it didn't matter what religion they were.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.