Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Hobbs ( )
Date: December 22, 2010 03:52PM

All, I have tendered my resignation and my wife is tendering his. We need help with what to do with regard to our kids, who also are resigning. Is there a form letter to use as to the kids? Do the kids need to sign anything? In court, they would need an ad litem appointed to act on their behalf. I've never heard of that being necessary for a church resignation. Thanks for any help you can give!!

- Hobbs

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: TGC ( )
Date: December 22, 2010 03:56PM

Minor children (under the age of 18) cannot legal sign anything. If you have requested on your resignation letter that your children's names are to be removed and the Bishop or Stake President states that your minor children must sign for name removal, do not acquiesce. While minor children can sign documents - and a Bishop or Stake President will demand it, your minor children do NOT have to sign.

Posted by: TGC ( )
Date: December 22, 2010 03:57PM

This is according to mormonresignation dot com (site which I used, when I resigned).

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: December 22, 2010 06:00PM

The same goes for bishops as some of them demand that the kids sign and others don't.

So I guess it's up to you to have them do what you think is best.

There's no form letter for kids. Parents just add their names (and possibly their baptismal dates) to the bottom of a family resignation letter. If you and your wife want to turn in separate letters, the kids can be included in either.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.