Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: bingoe4 ( )
Date: August 28, 2012 12:54PM

I love my job and know that I have it because of my own hard work, networking, and faith in MYSELF.

We should say stuff like this more often. I say combat the ridiculous; "I give all glory to god. I have this only because of god." If we said something like this to a TBM I am sure they would be very offended.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Craig ( )
Date: August 28, 2012 01:05PM

I testify that since I left the church completely I have met and married the most amazing lady and am happier than ever before in my life, that I got the best job I have ever had in my life with higher pay better benefits and more secure than any job ever before, and that I am closer to my children and happier in all aspects of life.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: August 28, 2012 01:15PM

I testify that I love my job because I worked hard on my talent and it has paid off.

I testify that since leaving the church my joy and love of life has increased ten fold. Gut wrenching laughter has gone up 98%. Self denial and low self esteem has hit rock bottom.

I know that my house is true because I paid for it myself, and was able to do it 10% faster than the average TBM.

I testify that I found the perfect partner because I led myself to the nightclub where he was that night.

Posted by: ambivalent exmo ( )
Date: August 28, 2012 02:33PM

Posted by: The exmo formerly known as Br. Vreeland ( )

I testify that I was a lonely and miserable wretch while in the church. Since leaving I have dicovered a career in which I excel. I have a wonderful wife and three beautiful children. While in the church I could have had some of these things but I still would have been a miserable wretch.

Posted by: Ponti ( )

You've graduated, no? So what is your occupation. For those of you that don't know, Bingoe4 is a former Marine, who served in Iraq and Afganistan(?). Well done Marine and congrats on the new job.

Posted by: bingoe4 ( )
Date: August 28, 2012 01:25PM

Not quite... Not Iraq or Afghanistan but very much a Marine.

My job is directly related to my schooling and my veteran status. I'd been going to school for interior design. Left school for now because it wasn't teaching me what I wanted to do.

I work for a general contractor who is the son-in-law of someone I worked for while working for the VA. I am learning how to apply my designs and have done some design consultation work for my boss and his clients. (I have to work under someone before I can apply for my license anyway). I need to be working with my hands or I loose concentration very easily. I am not going back to the university but will go to a community college to get an AA.

Posted by: ambivalent exmo ( )
Date: August 28, 2012 02:34PM

Thank you for your service :)

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: August 28, 2012 02:36PM

Good for you. Having made my living as an artist I have to say working with your hands is a great life.

Posted by: justrob ( )
Date: August 28, 2012 01:44PM

My wife still prays and says "We thank thee for giving Rob such a good job & providing for our family."

I don't say anything... but that's actually really hurtful.
I work my butt off to make sure I provide.
AND my latest job was well after I'd left the church.

It's like on my mission- I spoke the best Spanish, & everyone would say, "You better be thanking God that you received the gift of tongues."

Bull- I got my call, and I dove into learning Spanish. By the time I got to the MTC I was already conversationally fluent because I'd studied so much. Every day on the mission I studied hard. I read the dictionary, etc... BUT of course all of that was just thanks to god too... lol

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: August 28, 2012 05:56PM

What is the difference between saying "yadda yadda yadda" or saying "I'd like to testify that yadda yadda yadda?"

"I'd like to testify before you, this day, that yadda yadda yadda" has the same logical content as "yadda yadda yadda," but sounds a lot more ponderous.

"Hey, what time do you have?"

"I'd like to testify before you this day that it's four minutes until six."

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.