Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: August 30, 2012 01:15PM

(Say "for kookoo4kokaubeam" 5 times fast.)

http://www.ldschurchtemples.com/indianapolis/

Thanks for the heads up about the groundbreaking date on the Indy temple. I just checked the website a week or two ago, and all they had was a vague "September" time period for the groundbreaking. I had wondered if they just put something up quick, because we were going on here on RfM about the Mormons spending all that money on a mall and perhaps not being able to cover their religious obligations. I see there's also an explanation now for the long delay. They say they were preparing renderings and only now have them ready. They didn't say that on the website before. The Carmel City Council website didn't mention anything about renderings either. They just said the project was unanimously approved.

I'm sure my old high school buddies will make frequent mention of the notable phallicality of the structure, as will the kids who ride the bus with my niece down 116th St. every day on the way to school. My former gym teacher Jim Belden is on the Carmel City Council, and I'm sure he has had a few things to say about it as well, based on past experience.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: the outlander ( )
Date: August 30, 2012 01:56PM

What ward area are you in?

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: August 30, 2012 02:06PM

I haven't lived there since the 1980s, but my parents live about three miles from the temple site.

Posted by: kookoo4kokaubeam ( )
Date: August 30, 2012 03:22PM

North Stake is in charge and they are trying to get a choir together to sing at the groundbreaking. Thats all I know at this point.

Posted by: Kookoooffline ( )
Date: September 04, 2012 02:55PM

Attendance to the temple ground breaking will be by invitation only. The rest of the unwashed masses of Central Indiana can watch the ceremony via satellite at their respective chapels or branch buildings.

No one from the FP or Q12 will be in attendance. Area presidency and members from the Q70 will run the show.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.