Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: dominikki ( )
Date: September 04, 2012 01:39PM

So my daughter just started taking a dance class, keep in mind that she is 3 years old. Her teacher was telling me on Saturday that the owner of the dance studio is very mormon, (the teacher is mormon too, but not nearly as over the top as the owner)so when they order costumnes for the shows they are not allowed to order anything sleeveless, no tank tops and no short skirts...THEY ARE 3 YEARS OLD!!!! Oh this just annoyed the hell out of me! Bare shoulders are not immodest. Gggggrrrrr! I shouldn't let it get to me but it just irks me.
Also, my BFF wants to teach a chakra class and she was looking for studio space as her house is too small for this size class, so I asked the woman who I thought was the owner of the dance studio but is really just the owner of the dance company if there was a day that they were not teacing that my friend could rent the studio, the company owner I asked said she wasn't the owner of the studio, but the only day they had open was Monday but the owner of the studio would not rent it that day because it's FHE...REALLY? The owner does not need to be there, she is not there for any of the dance classes, so why not make a little money on the side. Just because you feel the need to force your family in FHE doesn't mean every one else must do this as well!
Sorry, like my subject stated I was slightly annoyed and this is the only place I can vent about this!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: nickname ( )
Date: September 04, 2012 01:42PM

What about Sundays?

Date: September 04, 2012 02:16PM

Ha ha ha! Well Sunday isn't even thought of in Utah I'm so used to things not being open that day so that never crossed my mind!

Date: September 04, 2012 02:22PM

In the teacher's defense, they do manage to find very cute outfits. This teacher (who is mormon) was just confinding to me how she has to pass up such cute things because the skirt might be too short or the top is sleeveless because the studio owner will not approve. And I agree with sonoma, in most cases, I've seen some of the things the dancers wear, even at BYU that could be considered immodest my mormon standards being allowed at dance competitions. My SIL got her completely wortheless degree in ballroom dancing at BYU, I was forced to go to some of her and my BIL dance competitions and some of the things I saw my SIL wear, well, I wouldn't bat an eye at them but I was shocked that SIL put them on. SIL is very uber annoyingly LDS!

Posted by: the outlander ( )
Date: September 04, 2012 01:48PM

Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: September 04, 2012 01:50PM

That's funny. From my observations, the Morg gives female dancers a "Get out of Telestial Kingdom Free" card to dress as slutty as they like. Don't believe me? Just check out the Mormon dancers on Dancing with the Stars and So You Think You Can Dance!

Years ago when BYU came to UCLA to play them in basketball, a Dance Troupe of little girls from Utah came with to perform at halftime. You've never seen a group of underaged girls (starting at about 6 years old) more tarted up than these. We're talking huge curly blonde hair, rouge, lipstick, glitter, bare midriffs, shaking asses, pelvic thrusts, and etc. The UCLA boys went wild! It was VERY disturbing.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: September 04, 2012 01:56PM

About the rental fee, this dim-wit mormon woman won't get to pay tithes for Monday classes. Too bad!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.