Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: September 06, 2012 12:11AM

Those old geezers? I don't think so.

Posted by: rationalguy ( )
Date: September 06, 2012 12:14AM

If they said that to me, at least there'd be the comfort that they'd finally be accepting homosexuality.

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: September 06, 2012 12:17AM

Posted by: Sorcha ( )
Date: September 06, 2012 12:20AM

Nope. I'd have gone into "fight or flee" mode, though, and God help any geezer with his pants down that gets in my way after that.

Probably would have got me out of TSCC sooner. ;-)

Posted by: Marble ( )
Date: September 06, 2012 12:24AM

When he asked me to call him Willam and think of him as a special freind. I called him death.

It went downhill from there.

One day he rang and said I had wounded him beyound all repair.

Me 1 Morman prophet 0

So to Answer the question No. Not in anyway shape or form.

Posted by: Heidi GWOTR ( )
Date: September 06, 2012 10:30AM

the question has to be asked. What church exactly were you a member of?

Posted by: robertb ( )
Date: September 06, 2012 12:29AM

Nah. Spencer Kimball wasn't really my type. Besides, he'd have spent the rest of his life hating himself and practicing self-flagellation.

Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: September 06, 2012 10:15AM

"Besides, he'd have spent the rest of his life hating himself and practicing self-flagellation."

The prospect of THAT would have almost made it worthwhile!

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: September 06, 2012 12:40AM

Her answer was to say "A prophet would never ask that". No matter what I said, it always came down to a "A prophet would never ask". I could not get her to deal with the hypothetical, I could not get her to answer the question when couched as "Would you marry a prophet if he said it was god's will?" It was always, "A prophet would never ask".

I got the distinct impression that the answer was yet, but she was not going to admit it.

Posted by: toto ( )
Date: September 06, 2012 12:48AM

...I might've left the church earlier than I did.

Posted by: Marble ( )
Date: September 06, 2012 01:00AM

I don't think as my personal opnion. Spencer Kimball was anybodys type. My earlier post was a obcure refernce to a member of the circle I ran into protected by the system back then. Apocraphyl without proof. Grrrr spelling.

But Kimball. Was prophet when I was little. I ended up in a postion where I was unoffical secreaty for freind. And I found him deeply odd. Personal opnion here. Not trying to add to any mythos.

Posted by: Southern ExMo ( )
Date: September 06, 2012 01:10AM

Absolutely Freaking NOT!

I was NEVER sucked in THAT FAR !

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: September 06, 2012 01:20AM

back in the 1800's I may have but def not in today's world. I'm picturing a modern day photo of Joseph Smith and I'm sorry, but I'm not intrigued or even mildly attracted whatsoever. The clean cut (virgin) look never did it for me so I will have to pass :)

Posted by: Whiskey_Tango ( )
Date: September 06, 2012 01:52AM

The Prophet would have had to be female for me to do that....It would be hard enough for me to do another guy but impossible for some geriatric,senile old man.....

Posted by: kmelanese ( )
Date: September 06, 2012 01:56AM

Yeah but only if he did it in the butt!! JK HELL NO!!!

Posted by: Dee Lightsum ( )
Date: September 06, 2012 02:02AM

No,I was never brainwashed. I never believed to that extent.

I really want to ask my TBM mom "If Monson sent your husband on a mission and while he was away Monson told you that god commanded him to marry you (but you can't tell anyone) and that he's also going to marry your sister and your 15 year old granddaughter...would you still believe the church? Because that is exactly what the first 7 prophets of the church did. So, yes, a prophet would do such a thing because it's already been done. And you better hope polygamy isn't legalized because that type of behavior will sprout up again."

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: September 06, 2012 02:34AM

Ewww! I would have left the church sooner, or have stopped being an "investigator." In fact, one of the many reasons I'm glad I divorced my TBM ex is that he admitted he would gladly take more wives if polygamy was reinstated. The creepiest thing he said is that he would kill nonbelievers on the orders of the Prophet.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: September 06, 2012 08:09AM

Whenever someone would raise similar if-the-prophet-commanded-it questions, I didn't even need to think about it. "No. Are you insane?"

Date: September 06, 2012 09:25AM

Not on your life.

Posted by: Grumpoledog ( )
Date: September 06, 2012 09:43AM

How many other wives will be invited? Will Moroni and his flaming sword be there?

Posted by: Samantha Baker ( )
Date: September 06, 2012 10:09AM

Date: September 06, 2012 10:16AM

If they looked like that, who wouldn't?!?

Posted by: elcid ( )
Date: September 06, 2012 10:18AM

I would, but only if the prophet were Liv Tyler. But I'm a guy and I set my standards very high....

Posted by: stbleaving ( )
Date: September 06, 2012 10:19AM

Nope. Count me on Team "Leaves When the Prophet Demands Sex."

Posted by: Dallin A. Chokes ( )
Date: September 06, 2012 12:06PM

Does it count as "seeking a sign" if I would just want to see if he could get it up?

It might enhance one's testimony of miracles.

Posted by: Chromesthesia ( )
Date: September 06, 2012 12:57PM

Never! Also the spam prevention thing says ew at the end. HA! Even it's grossed out too. I'd be like, what does me having sex with you have to do with God anyway?

Posted by: Ragnar ( )
Date: September 06, 2012 01:11PM

My TBM ex-wife would have, and I'm sure she'd do it now. When we were married, she said that she was willing to accept polygamy whenever it was to be restored. She even once picked out a potential sister wife. All she was waiting for was the "Commandment!"

Posted by: WinksWinks ( )
Date: September 06, 2012 01:15PM

Never.
But I do believe my mother would have served me to him on a platter, she was so totally okay with the 14 year olds and Joe.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.