Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anonymous For This ( )
Date: September 09, 2012 01:34AM

On my wedding night I felt free and open and relaxed. After the strangeness of the temple ceremony a night of sex was welcome and beautiful. The morning came and I loved the feeling of being out of my garments since we'd had sex all night long. I walked around naked after getting out of bed and my husband told me to put clothes on. He said he liked being surprised by the idea of sex and that I was too open with my nudity.

I felt confused about my body since I had been so open with it for the first time just hours before. He taught me that nudity equaled sex and sex was a game to be played and I wasn't playing by the rules by being open with my naked body. I just felt comfortable and he didn't like my naked comfort. I learned from then on that I was only wanted on his schedule but not my own and I couldn't walk around the house naked because, again, nudity equaled sex and if I was nude, that meant sex. I needed to cover up and I did.

I went to the gym last week with a new friend. After working out for an hour we enjoyed the sauna and then had a shower. We talked about nudity and what it means in the U.S. This thought that nakedness is the same as sex is just wierd to me. Don't people in Europe or other countries think a naked body can be a naked body without it being about sex? We thought that if we, as women, saw each other naked more often, we wouldn't be so hung up about our looks. Naked bodies in all their shapes and sizes would be normal and not sexualized as much.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ghost buster ( )
Date: September 09, 2012 02:00AM

That's the whole problem with the stupid garment thing. My wife could never be relaxed without hers on. I think in 10 years we slept naked together maybe 3 times.

I think you are on to something with Europeans. North Americans and especially LDS and other religious types turn something good and natural into something sleezy and evil. A naked body is a naked body. Everybody has one, they're really nothing special. But we make them that way.

I don't believe it is healthy at all and I know for a fact if I hadn't grown up in the sexually repressive atmosphere of LDS inc I would not be in the middle of a divorce right now.

Posted by: toto ( )
Date: September 09, 2012 12:19PM

I'm sorry about your impending divorce. I also got divorced and sexual repression was one of the reasons and I was the female in the situation! Stupid, stupid church.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: September 09, 2012 03:20AM

sorry to hear, gb.

nudity is yet another avenue for ChurchCo to intimidate the membership.

just a few hours ago, I spent a PLEASANT time at Fraternity Snoqualmie, near Issaquah.

Men seem to be more visually oriented; women seem to be shy about their bodies.

In my case, ChurchCo guilt-tripped my wife of 29 years about it, that was 'the beginning of the end'.

Sleeping nude is wholesome intimacy, something that the GAs don't want the rank-and-file to enjoy. Sometimes sex is involved with being naked as a pre-itercourse factor, often not.

"If we were Meant to be naked, we would have been Born that way"

"Craftiness must have clothes, but truth loves to go naked."

Morland is FULL of sheeple; it's NOT WORTH IT.
Be Yourself; no one else Can.

Posted by: toto ( )
Date: September 09, 2012 12:19PM

Who's the author of the quote? Made my day.

Posted by: ghost buster ( )
Date: September 09, 2012 10:06AM

"If we were meant to be naked we would be born that way" lol that's awesome I am
adding that to my repertoire

Posted by: mindlight ( )
Date: September 09, 2012 10:16AM

On Clothes
And the weaver said, "Speak to us of Clothes."
And he answered:
Your clothes conceal much of your beauty, yet they hide not the unbeautiful.
And though you seek in garments the freedom of privacy you may find in them a harness and a chain.
Would that you could meet the sun and the wind with more of your skin and less of your raiment,
For the breath of life is in the sunlight and the hand of life is in the wind.
Some of you say, "It is the north wind who has woven the clothes to wear."
But shame was his loom, and the softening of the sinews was his thread.
And when his work was done he laughed in the forest.
Forget not that modesty is for a shield against the eye of the unclean.
And when the unclean shall be no more, what were modesty but a fetter and a fouling of the mind?
And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.

Khalil Gibran, The Prophet
my interpretation is .. if you are not around the unclean thoughts, with a pure group (Hippies 60-70s) or pure friends it is all good

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: September 09, 2012 12:38PM

your husband is crazy

Date: September 09, 2012 07:51PM

He ain't my hubby anymore and the NON MORMON men I've had sex with since then LOVE seeing my naked bod. Only during the time I was married and TBM did I have body issues thanks to a strange attitude about nudity and sex that my ex had. I wasn't raised to be ashamed of my body thanks to Mom and Dad dispite growing up in the land of Zion.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: September 09, 2012 12:44PM

All of the great artists and sculptors did nudes WITHOUT having guilt trips over the human body.
This fixation on anti-nudity is no more than a huge attempt at guilt tripping!!!

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: September 09, 2012 12:48PM

CONTROL!...CONTROL!...CONTROL! Those who need or want to be controlled out of guilt are seriously damaged IMHO.

Ron Burr

Posted by: Serendiptiyhappens ( )
Date: September 09, 2012 04:37PM

I once had an Italian man who was surprised by my openness with my body... he said that in Italy, a woman will get nude with a man and even lay naked with him but not have actual sex.. but in the USA, she'll have sex with a man, but not let him see her naked body. Americans are weird about nudity. Personally I'm a nudist at home and I've never had any complaints... my husband used to love that I'd often wear only an apron and flip-flops in the kitchen... he thought it was sexy but I was just trying to keep my boobies from getting splattered with grease!?

Date: September 09, 2012 07:52PM

For those reasons Italy is next on my list of countries to visit.

Posted by: TheIrrationalShark ( )
Date: September 09, 2012 10:05PM

Ah, Italia. Perhaps that's because of all the nude art?

Posted by: American married to a European ( )
Date: September 10, 2012 08:18AM

My wife is a European woman and I'm an American man. She's a convert and I am BIC. Both of us are exmos now. I'd love it if she'd sleep naked with me all the time. But she prefers to wear lots of pajamas and be sexually repressed than to have a good marriage.

Posted by: 4_ever_n_ever_Anon ( )
Date: September 09, 2012 05:29PM

It's easy to have a weird attitude about being naked when you're ugly and have repeatedly been told so from childhood.

Date: September 09, 2012 07:55PM

That's so sad! I think if women hung around naked with each other more often we would see that we're all normal and could tell each other we look good. You're parents are idiots and I'm sorry you had that told to you!

Posted by: Serendiptiyhappens ( )
Date: September 09, 2012 09:21PM

I'm a fellow ugly.. AKA "sweet spirit". There's nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade. Being ugly is what it is. I hate when people try to make you feel better about it. Just because I'm ugly doesn't mean I hate myself for it! I've come to terms with it... not only am I ugly but I've been fat since birth and sport some seriously unsightly granny boobies. When I'm out in public, I cover up my body because I recognize that most people simply can't handle that much cottage cheese.. but in my own home it's a completely different story. I LOVE being nude and I LOVE being nude together with a lover even when we're not doing or thinking anything sexual . It's such a liberating feeling to let go of all those feelings of being self conscious that I may feel when I'm out in public and just let it all hang out. (literally!) Please give it a try, ugly or not it's really quite liberating.

Posted by: 4_ever_n_ever_Anon ( )
Date: September 09, 2012 08:20PM

Thank you.... I appreciate that, but I really AM physically an ugly person. I am an artist so I do know beauty from ugly, and I am SO not improving with age.

The thread about feminism kind of got to me. I am very much a feminist but I would not have been offended if a construction worker whistled or whatever at me just cause it would be nice to be consider attractive, but none ever did.

Posted by: twojedis ( )
Date: September 10, 2012 09:10AM

For some reason I've been thinking about this for a few months. I'm no super model, but I'm not homely either. I've been looking around at different kinds of people and evaluating beauty. To me, the most beautiful women are the old, wrinkled ladies with bright, shining eyes, showing a lifetime of kindness out of them. Next in line are the men who have lived a lifetime and earned every wrinkle. I've even looked at women who are not old and might not be considered attractive. I have found it amazing that I see beauty in the human body in all shapes, sizes, and configurations. The only thing not attractive to me is when one becomes slovenly or unkempt, especially rude people. I really don't find super models attractive, they are like cookie cutter people, same with the body building Chippendale. All "beauty" and no substance. It truly is what's inside that can shine through and make someone attractive.

Posted by: The Oncoming Storm - bc ( )
Date: September 10, 2012 12:04AM

One thought is don't over-think this beyond realizing that your ex was crazy. Even when I was TBM I was more than happy to see my wife naked when it wasn't sexual.

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: September 10, 2012 09:02AM

You know, I spent Saturday afternoon nekkid in the presence of a married man -- he's my massage therapist.

We talk about things like that from time to time, while he's working the rocks out of my back. This appointment, we talked about how there are 1000 different kinds of love and 1000 different kinds of intimacy and what we were doing in that moment was a very sensual, intimate moment, for both of us. He's also a musician and I'm very much into music.

So there we are, in a darkened room, listening to some great music. I'm nekkid under a sheet (which ends up only covering the, um, personal bits) and he's using all these lovely smelling oils to work on me. I learned he works with his eyes closed.

Can you imagine how a mormon might react to that situation? My massage therapist and I are good friends, and there is absolutely nothing sexual about an appointment with him. Both of us would rather gnaw off our own feet rather than cross a boundary of appropriate behavior. But yeah, great music, pleasant smells, nekkid chick under a sheet, and homeboy gets to put his hands ALL over me, with his eyes closed. Mine are closed too. To a mormon, I would imagine that looks like foreplay.

It was not. What it was, was very relaxing, very intimate, very personal, and very sensual. But it was not sexual. And there was nothing inappropriate about it.

Posted by: twojedis ( )
Date: September 10, 2012 09:13AM

I recently tried sleeping nude for the first time ever. It was very liberating. We were on vacation, so no kids to pop in accidentally. Since I have all sons, I stay moderately covered unless I know the door is locked.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: September 10, 2012 10:59AM

Anonymous For This Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> . . . my husband told me to . . .

There's the problem right there. When he feels he has the right to tell you what to do in your own home there are problems brewing.

Posted by: elcid ( )
Date: September 10, 2012 11:05AM

All this neked talk has me feeling soooo gooooood this Monday morning!

Keep going!

(BTW, I think this "neked" pronunciation got started with Tom Hanks in Charlie Wilson's War, when he said to Julia Roberts, "When will I see you neked again?"...)

Posted by: southern should login ( )
Date: September 10, 2012 12:48PM

When you're in the Ozarks and the deep south, everybody says nekkid. It's a regional thing (and a valid move when playing redneck scrabble btw)

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: September 10, 2012 12:42PM

What do hospitals encourage new mothers to do? Lay their offspring on their bare skin -- it's good for both mother and baby. Mormons want to interrupt that bonding and hijack it. (And they aren't the only ones.)

Yes, nudity is nothing in many cultures. My grandmother has a picture of a trip she took to Japan of her in a public bath. I was horrified the first time I saw it and her casual response was "I was 67 at the time. No one cared." (And she's Catholic!)

Americans could learn a lot from more open cultures.

Posted by: Naomi ( )
Date: September 10, 2012 01:16PM

If it was just me and my husband, I wouldn't have any need for clothes at home. I don't think it works as well with children around, though. It's very useful to have a layer of clothing to prevent young children grabbing places you don't want them to. Also, children's eye level is at a very awkward height. Wearing clothes around kids seems much more practical to me.
I just remembered one time when I went for a walk on the beach and it was completely deserted. On an impulse I stripped down naked and went into the water. It was such a feeling of freedom. But the water was cold, so I quickly got back out and got dressed, and a minute later saw a guy walking his dog and was embarrassed that he might have seen me.

Posted by: shiite-mormon ( )
Date: September 10, 2012 01:53PM

This makes me think of all the pictures that you see of Adam and Eve where they're completely clothed despite the fact that they're still in the Garden of Eden. Those Mormons just try to censor everything...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2012 01:53PM by silverwing66.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: September 10, 2012 02:05PM

sexismyreligion:

we Socialize children to be clothed.

children who grow up in nude & clothing optional households/environments tend to have better self-images and attitudes about themselves & their sexuality.

(wish I had the references at hand that show this).

Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: September 10, 2012 02:10PM

if it takes more than 5 minutes for Mrs. Hela to completely disrobe after coming home from work, she must be feeling poorly.

She likes to claim she's saving wear and tear on her clothing.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.