Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: newcomer ( )
Date: September 10, 2012 12:36AM

TBM was just fired from his job. And decides to go to Idaho looking for a job instead of Utah. He wants a job in Meridian, Idaho and he refuses to look for one in Utah. I told him that bigger cities give you greater chances for employment and that he should start looking in Utah (where he's at now). Here's the conversation. Very puke-worthy:

Him: At the moment, she's not planning on looking for a teaching job right away, but she might start to get bored with me at work and the kids in school. She wondered tonight how long it might be before she looks for a teaching job there

Me (Sep 09 9:22 PM ):‎ It's gonna take some time to get a job in Utah
Me (Sep 09 9:22 PM ):‎ I don't even want to speculate how long it'll take in Idaho.

Him (Sep 09 9:24 PM ):‎ I'm hoping not - but no one knows how long it will take

ME (Sep 09 9:26 PM ):‎ You're handicapping (horrible word) yourself by pinning your job prospects on a small city in a small state. That's an abysmal strategy. I'm only saying that because I want you to get a job and it's shouldn't be glossed over IMHO.

Him (Sep 09 9:30 PM ):‎ I gotta bring religion into it - Heather and I both believe that the Lord is guiding us there - or at least close to family. If something doesn't pan out in Boise in some time frame (yet to be determined), I'll have to widen my net, but we do feel comfortable (and feel that a lot of that comfort feeling comes from the Lord).

Me: I hope it works.

Him (Sep 09 9:32 PM ):‎ yeah, me too. I definitely do like being closer to my mom and my sister

Me (Sep 09 9:33 PM ):‎ How long will you give it before expanding the search?

-----

Clearly, the wife is an idiot. She's dictating the search and she's worked all of two years in their 20 year marriage. And believe me: she's manipulating him. Her parents live in Idaho. She just wants to live near her parents and her weak husband bought her cock and bull story. There are approximately 19,300 cities in the US and his God chooses the same city that his wife's parents live in to start a new life?

Evidently the smog is too much for the wife in Utah. More unbearable than the 4 kids she popped out in her early 20's.

Mormons reject common sense and then ask for advice. WTF?

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2012 12:59AM by newcomer.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: September 10, 2012 01:24AM

Reminds me of a guy I once knew.

Had a wife and 5 kids. Decided to get his doctorate after getting caught having an affair.

They moved 2,000 miles away so he could go to school. They lived in total poverty while he did this. 3 of his kids were in HS. It was so hard on them.

He gets his Phd. What's his next intelligent move? He refuses to look for a job outside of the small midwest college town they were living in. Refused. He asked the church for welfare assistance. Ten points for the bish. He turned them down. He told him unless he was willing to widen the net, he wouldn't ask the church to assist them.

The dude still wouldn't budge. His kids got farmed out to different members. Him and his wife lived with their nonmo neighbor. This guy has a Phd. His wife is also very educated.

One year later he finally gets a very low paying job in the local school system. His kids all get to live under the same roof, except for the daughter who married the first guy that came along.

15 years later. The kids have all gone their way. He is working in the same school system for much less than he could have made elsewhere. They are poor. They will always be poor. They will die poor. They sure are devout mormons though.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: September 10, 2012 07:46AM

I find that when I talk WITH a Mormon they tend to talk AT me...

Posted by: John_Lyle ( )
Date: September 10, 2012 08:42AM

I worked in Boise as a medic.

Meridian used to be a small town between Boise and Nampa.

I was there a couple of years ago and Meridian is now a post office address, the town has been swallowed up by Boise...

Mia:

Where I went for my master's in CA has the best educated fast food counterpersons - min. Bachelor's - in America. Nobody wants to leave once they get there. Consequently they will do anything to stay.

I got out ASAP.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.