Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anon-o-rooski for this ( )
Date: September 10, 2012 07:04PM

Lots of Mo Facebook friends are posting about the "special" meetings this Sunday. All meetings are being tailored to telling nomo's about church "basics" and showing them how awesome and normal Mormons are.

It appears everyone has been encouraged to get the word out. Is anyone else seeing this in their area? I am in Northern Colorado.

10 bucks says these meetings will be skim milk at best. We love Jesus and families! Yay! Everything else will be "we're not sure we teach that".

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: September 10, 2012 07:08PM

Are they going to let the men wear something besides white shirts?

Apparently the church hasn't heard of google. They don't realize that nevermo's use google, and have no fear of asking questions that members would be thrown out for. So who exactly is going to be answering their questions?

19 year old boys fresh out sleeping through seminary indoctrination? This ought to be good.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: September 10, 2012 07:38PM

Mia Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Are they going to let the men wear something besides white shirts?

I wonder if Mormons realize how off-putting the ubiquitous white shirts are to nevermos.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2012 07:38PM by summer.

Posted by: ironmann ( )
Date: September 10, 2012 07:10PM

I live in the Morridor right in Utah, Davis county and don't have anything like that going on.

Posted by: rise ( )
Date: September 10, 2012 07:11PM

Hey they are having that in my ward as well. Pretty useless with that pesky internets.

Posted by: Taddlywog ( )
Date: September 10, 2012 07:11PM

Mormons are like vampires once you invite them in you cannot stop the intrusion.

Posted by: The Oncoming Storm - bc ( )
Date: September 10, 2012 07:13PM

The sorts of things are usually set up by the missionaries. We had a few events like this when I was on a mission in Mesa, AZ. The idea was to create some kind of event that we could try to get some referrals from. I doubt it is anything church-wide.

Posted by: bingoe4 ( )
Date: September 10, 2012 07:43PM

I want to go!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll raise my hand during the meeting and ask questions!!!!!!!

Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: September 10, 2012 09:48PM

Colorado is a swing state. Hmmm!!

Posted by: Doubting Thomas ( )
Date: September 10, 2012 10:00PM

My ward has done these type of Sunday meetings. They call it "Invitation Sunday" and the emphasis is supposed to be on Jesus Christ in an effort to show normalcy.

One unfortunate Sunday found an old timer who is a TBM talking about Heavenly Mother... not sure how many visitors were even there but the regular membership was blown away.

Posted by: canadianfriend ( )
Date: September 10, 2012 10:08PM

Did you mean "indoctrination Sunday"?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.