Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: September 17, 2012 08:06PM

My husband ran into three of them today. They don't check IDs anymore at the door until you make the purchase. My husband said he had a visceral reaction when he saw them. I guess he wasn't expecting to see them there. They were with a guy who definitely wasn't a soldier-- must have been a dependent and a member, because mishies aren't supposed to proselytize on military installations. I don't think AAFES offers the best prices. They'd probably be better off at Wal-Mart.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bingoe4 ( )
Date: September 17, 2012 08:36PM

And, AAFES checks the ID of the person paying for the groceries not allowing a non-service member to make the purchases.

Maybe one of the missionaries is a dependent. If he is listed as a college student then he still gets the privileges of dependents.

I went to the PX as long as I could. Better prices in my experience, no tax, and I didn't have to go to Wal-Mart.

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: September 17, 2012 09:11PM

Right, but dependents are not supposed to purchase things for other people. Maybe one of the mishies is a dependent... but if he's on a mission, he's not enrolled in college. And while I'm definitely not a fan of Wal-Mart, AAFES prices are really not better. You don't have to pay sales tax, but in my experience, prices aren't any cheaper at AAFES.

I could see shopping at the commissary, though... Prices ARE cheaper there.

ETA: My husband said the guys looked like they had never seen a PX before, so they probably weren't dependents. Shoot, if I can't go in their temple, why should they be shopping at the PX? ;-)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2012 09:38PM by knotheadusc.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.