Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: shonto ( )
Date: September 20, 2012 08:30PM

Has anyone successfully resigned by email lately? I know it was possible earlier this year.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Julian1066 ( )
Date: September 26, 2012 07:20PM

It did work for me. I emailed my resignation to MorgCorp and attached a copy of my state ID so they would know it truly was from me. I received my expected form letter and come-on-back pamphlet with the picture of the Three Stooges. Although I didn't yet receive my "you are out" letter, everything is in the pipes and I do have my proof that my resignation was in fact received.

My own thought is that, with the plethora of people jumping ship, the crutch allows emails to speed up the process and eventually take a load off the poor schlubs in the COB who must be busting tail all day every day to get everything processed.

I noticed that the "ecclesiastical" BS letter is no longer signed, probably to discourage people asking for Greg or whomever. I dealt with Phil Baggaley who seemed very polite and efficient. O and there is a new return address they are using now - Global Service Center, 120 N 200 W, SLC UT 84103-1514. II wonder if this is an indication of just how much their workload has increased?

Posted by: Youngandfree ( )
Date: September 20, 2012 11:27PM

Bump, help?

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: September 21, 2012 12:04AM

They will still send it on to your local idgets and process it the same. But as far as the legal end, once they receive it you are out.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: September 21, 2012 12:17AM

Yes...me. I used the form available on this site, filled it out and e-mailed it in. Nothing back for about 5 weeks. Then I got a letter in the mail from Cult HQ telling me that my resigning was a local matter? and that I would be referred to the bishop and stake president of the ward I live in. That was a couple weeks ago and so far nothing, but I did state in my resignation that I wanted no contact with a bishop or SP.

Ron Burr

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: September 22, 2012 08:27AM

Tell them you've resigned and want them to process their paperwork without delay. Say you're no longer a member and will not discuss this with them and you're waiting for your confirmation letter.

Posted by: paleale ( )
Date: September 21, 2012 01:16AM

I resigned by email AND hand delivered my letter to the bishop.

I received a letter in the mail from SLC within 24 hrs.
I was surprised SLC sent my "invitation" letter so quickly.
They must have a huge stack ready to send out every day, they just need to know where to send them next!
Do yourself a favor and send them your name and address ;)

A letter from my bishop arrived 28 days later saying they would process without delay per my request.
Right . . . no delay? 28 days is a long time. He must have been too busy hoarding more garbage at his "house".

I'm sure the stake pres. is going to do his 30 day delay but I dont care.
My membership ended when I hand delivered my letter and stated who I was and what my letter said.

PaleAle

PS- I love mormonthink

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: September 22, 2012 12:56AM

My resignation took effect the second I hit "send".

Ron Burr

Posted by: ragingphoenix ( )
Date: September 22, 2012 01:03AM

Yep! That's how I got out...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.