Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: chelseamarie ( )
Date: September 22, 2012 05:40PM

constent nagging,always bringing there religion into everything, cant get a clue,

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: September 22, 2012 05:41PM

Aggressive ignorance.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: September 22, 2012 06:09PM

That's the one for me too, but I have to upgrade it to arrogant aggressive ignorance.

Posted by: mav ( )
Date: September 22, 2012 08:40PM

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: September 22, 2012 05:51PM

The fact that they treat others in a manner they would never tolerate being treated themselves.

Hand and glove with that though is their notoriously bad manners.

Justified lying and that aggressive ignorance thing too.

Ahh, the irritating qualities of Mormons. You can't pick just one.

Posted by: wanderingsheep ( )
Date: September 22, 2012 05:56PM

That church leadership seems to be equivelant to deity. To talk against or disagree with the "annointed" is as bad as criticizing god.

Posted by: Doubting Thomas ( )
Date: September 22, 2012 06:01PM

Agree with this point. The tradition of standing up when a GA walks into a meeting is disturbing.

Posted by: newcomer ( )
Date: September 22, 2012 05:59PM

Doing things that hurt their children (encouraging girls getting pregnant at early age with no education and forcing boys -- even those that aren't too bright -- to go to college to get a job that pays for a load of kids and a stay-at-home mom).

And then acting like they're superior parents.

Posted by: Caddis ( )
Date: September 22, 2012 06:04PM

Reading these boards is damn depressing. My family for the most part doesn't say a word to me about the church. Occasionally my mom will ask if I've thought about returning to church and asks me to think about it and we move on. I can live with that. My siblings who remain active are respectful enough to let me make my own decisions in life and we continue to have close relationships. Apparently I'm lucky to not have to deal with a constant stream of assholes questioning my personal choices.

Posted by: Doubting Thomas ( )
Date: September 22, 2012 06:40PM

Interesting... are you from Utah?

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: September 22, 2012 06:11PM

I find their unwillingness to investigate their history utilizing all resources available HIGHLY disturbing. The inability and unwillingness to analyze the things they believe in. It's like they are from outer space to me now. Like there is a mental disconnect and inability to reason things out and call into question blind obedience to a prophet based on a story that is not grounded in any facts. And how anyone in their right mind would believe a treasure hunter happened to find plates that reveal that Jesus visited America, and coincidentally had visions before that of the father and son then an angel who took the plates up to heaven? So many impossible things to believe yet they do. Along that same vain, believing Joseph screwed multiple women because God required it. Otherwise if course he would NEVER have wanted to do such a thing to his dear dear Emma. But he would have been smote with a sword by God. And yet current prophets aren't killed by God for having one wife. Romney is smarter than I am yet he can believe this stuff. These things I find incredibly upsetting now.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2012 06:19PM by suckafoo.

Posted by: pigsinzen ( )
Date: September 22, 2012 07:13PM

I have a testimony that I know your rant is true and that my family loves me and if I keep on thinking for myself that I know I will find peace.

Posted by: Grumpoledog ( )
Date: September 22, 2012 06:18PM

The complete over bearing self righteousness and holy entitlement.

Posted by: chiefluma ( )
Date: September 23, 2012 12:23AM

I agree it's the High and mighty in the Pres. group, They lie in conf. and really they are just plain Buttholes to me!

Posted by: chiefluma ( )
Date: September 23, 2012 12:26AM

Yes they are high and mighty, the President and the 2 dudes, they Lie in Gen Conf. and they are just plain buttholes to me.

Well all they Gen atth. lie in GEN CONF!

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: September 22, 2012 06:24PM

I am not annoyed by Mormons in the least. It is the church hierarchy, the MEN at the top, getting paid to pull the wool over the eyes of the people who support them both spiritually and financially, for whom I have no respect. There ought to be a law.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2012 06:27PM by wine country girl.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: September 22, 2012 06:25PM

And those who don't must have problems.

Posted by: Ponti ( )
Date: September 22, 2012 06:27PM

Deluded Bliss
Arrogance
Annoying
Holier than thou

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: September 22, 2012 07:07PM

The fact that one old geezer HP, who was Dad's cattle buyer and friend, has ,ever since Dad passed away in 2000, taken it upon himself to call every time something is going on in the ward or stake and invite me and my Catholic wife to it. Every time general conference is near, he calls to remind me of it and to make sure I know that the priesthood session is on Saturday night. I don't not know if he's been informed of my resignation yet, or if he will be at all. If he calls I may take the call or ignore it. Or I may inform him that I no longer hold the priesthood, etc., etc. Or I may be getting shunned. I don't give a f*** one way or another. This week will tell the tale.

Ron Burr

Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: September 22, 2012 07:17PM

It really annoys me that they talk about the sh*t all the time like it's all holy and crap and all and then refuse to drink it*.

*Pay Lay Ale

Posted by: ducky333 ( )
Date: September 22, 2012 07:54PM

Willingness to accept things Like the truth is not always useful. If truth is preeminent in the gospel, what it stands for, what the missionaries teach, and what supposedly sets Mormons apart from any other religion, why fear the truth in whatever form it comes?

Obedience without question, aka We do not question God or his prophets. Good Gawd, when you convert, didn't it take a brain and questioning to decide about the church in the first place? Isn't your brain the greatest gift of life? Or is baptism synonymous with being lobotomized?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2012 08:09PM by ducky333.

Posted by: liminal state ( )
Date: September 22, 2012 08:37PM

They act like their prejudice and discrimination towards people is a sanctified right.

They believe they are the one true church with the one true knowledge.

Evaluate human worth/dignity/spirituality on human capital.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2012 08:40PM by liminal state.

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: September 22, 2012 08:44PM

They got my childhood, I got their scorn.

Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: September 22, 2012 08:50PM

That they exist. LOL!

Posted by: smalltowngirl ( )
Date: September 22, 2012 09:13PM

The idea that they as home teachers, visiting teachers or missionaries have the nerve to walk up to my back door at any time of the day or evening and expect to be welcomed into my home. This really makes me furious!

Posted by: Chicken'n'Backpacks ( )
Date: September 22, 2012 09:30PM

Totally hot mormon chicks in high school that wouldn't put out, and then you find out at the 10 year reunion they DID.

(Well, I just didn't see it on the list yet, so.....)

Posted by: canadianfriend ( )
Date: September 22, 2012 09:48PM

Just to save on bandwidth, shouldn't the question be "what annoys you least about the mormons"?

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: September 22, 2012 11:36PM

The thing that annoys me the most, is that so many of them are related to me.

Posted by: liminal state ( )
Date: September 22, 2012 11:58PM

Ugh, my dad's side of the family goes all the way back to the original pioneers who came to Utah. According to them, I didn't just leave Mormonism, I left my lineage, heritage, birthright, and even family.

Never thought I'd feel like an orphan at this age.

Posted by: Youngandfree ( )
Date: September 23, 2012 12:02AM

liminal state Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ugh, my dad's side of the family goes all the way
> back to the original pioneers who came to Utah.
> According to them, I didn't just leave Mormonism,
> I left my lineage, heritage, birthright, and even
> family.
>
> Never thought I'd feel like an orphan at this age.

Same here! Except its my father and mother's side. Freakishly enough my parents are distantly related.

Posted by: ambivalent exmo ( )
Date: September 23, 2012 12:50AM

Me too.
Same story: Is there a script or something?

Posted by: hellonwheels ( )
Date: September 22, 2012 11:39PM

Pure arrogance! Always thinking they know more than the rest of us. And then feeling entitled to chase us down over and over wherever we are!

Posted by: lucky ( )
Date: September 22, 2012 11:44PM

I mean, I would have to be as stupid as they are to believe the LDS BS that they believe and insist that I believe, too.
I have already been through that. I already burned up way too much of my life and my brain cells escaping MORmON indoctrination that was jammed down my throat as a vulnerable impressionable youth. That BS way is OVER for me. Now I am the one who is going to do some jamming as far as MORmONISM is concerned.

Posted by: Youngandfree ( )
Date: September 22, 2012 11:45PM

Posted by: T-Bone ( )
Date: September 23, 2012 12:11AM

My cousin is the perfect example. He treats his elders with complete disdain. He is an RM, got married in the temple, and started making little people.

I guess somewhere back he was told that he would be a leader among all the less fortunate, less educated, and less faithful. He must have decided that this describes all of his extended family. I have had many people remark to me on their own, without knowing the others made the comment, that he's an arrogant little pr*ck.

I guess the holier than thou attitude some Mormons possess. That's a major turn-ff.

T-Bone

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: September 23, 2012 12:44AM

I don't think you could find a more hypocritical combination if you tried.

Posted by: biblebeltbetsy ( )
Date: September 23, 2012 12:55AM

Jello.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: September 23, 2012 12:56AM

How when you are a member, they can't stop complaining about how much the garments suck, but as soon as you leave the church, the very same Mormons can't shut up about how awesome and full of blessings the stupid things are. Well, that is just one thing.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.