Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Gordon Guymon ( )
Date: September 23, 2012 12:18AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: September 23, 2012 01:47PM

Hehehe you get extra stars for a south park reference :)

Posted by: chiefluma ( )
Date: September 23, 2012 12:20AM

First they think they are saving them for the afterlife beacuse they want you to go to the temple. And it's all about money, more money to them again. win/win for LDS inc. Money and soul! lol

Posted by: atheist&happy:-) ( )
Date: September 23, 2012 12:24AM

It can take years for the brainwashing, and second guessing to wear off. Your brain will automatically bring these fears up even when you know it is a fraud. There are probably weak or ignorant members who can be bullied, and guilted into coming back. Also, they approach it from their condescending tone of having the ONE "true" crutch. They have to let you know you are wrong, and if you give them 10% of your income again, they will be willing to overlook your indiscretion for eternity. It's your final offer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2012 12:25AM by atheist&happy:-).

Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: September 23, 2012 01:48AM

They honestly think you are too dumb to think for yourself, and you will do what you're told. How arrogant is that?

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: September 23, 2012 06:38AM

They feel they MUST be out trying to build their so-called kingdom. It's easier to harass people from old mormon lists than to try to engage fresh faces.

Posted by: munchybotaz ( )
Date: September 23, 2012 07:06AM

They want you to feast at their banquet of weirdness and oppression, or whatever it says. That means pay tithing.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: September 23, 2012 07:49AM

Don't you mean "Why do you think the church invites those who resigned back (if they don't love them)?"

We think the church doesn't love us because the members have been non-respecting of our boundaries, have been cruel and hurtful toward us, (in my case) spit on my children and their kids threw rocks at my kids on the way home from school. They have reported me as a suspected madam running a whorehouse because they saw men (my grown sons) coming and going from my house at "all hours of the day and night".

On another occasion, my loving Mormon neighbors reported I might have a man sleeping over because there was a strange car parked in front of my house overnight. Several sisters reported to the bishop their suspicions that I might be a polygamous wife since I wore my hair in a bun and had long skirts.

The local police shot my dog (probably because Animal Control was on a break, right?)

It is our experiences with Mormons that makes us feel unloved. Mormons are given an opportunity to express their love and loyalty to God and tribe by hating us. It is a demonstration of their goodness to their fellow tribesman and since they all feel guilty and worthless, it's the least they can do to compensate.

I hope this fills in some blanks for you.

Anagrammy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2012 07:49AM by anagrammy.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: September 23, 2012 10:47AM

So how many girls do you have working for you, and what are the rates? Do you give discounts to apostates?

Just kidding, and sorry about the dog.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: September 23, 2012 10:33AM

It's not only pointless, it's insulting.

The WAY they invite you back it to remind you of how great it was being a Mormon. As if you were resigning on a whim or because you were offended by someone at Sunday school.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: September 23, 2012 02:00PM

It's called covering your a$$ and showing that you care....NOT!!!

Ron Burr

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.