Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Youngandfree ( )
Date: September 23, 2012 01:16AM

You notice when you answer the door. What do you do? This is hypothetical

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bingoe4 ( )
Date: September 23, 2012 01:31AM

I invite them in, give them a drink, maybe a gatorade for the road. Tell them I am ex. I'd talk kindly to them. I feel bad for these guys. Even the asses are just a product of their environment.

I am a soft spoken guy, but for some reason people are intimidated by me. I take advantage of it sometimes and wouldn't be intimidated by them.

Posted by: Youngandfree ( )
Date: September 23, 2012 01:34AM

Thank you Bingoe4 this is a great idea. I love it.

I'll try it if it ever happens :) if I were to also kindly inform them of problems after helping, them with drinks and friendliness maybe I can plant a seed.

Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: September 23, 2012 01:38AM

Posted by: reinventinggrace ( )
Date: September 23, 2012 04:30AM

Last time I saw them on the street I helped them fix a flat bike tire, then insisted they take $20 for dinner.

I mentioned to them "I've been inactive for 15 years. It's much better this way."

RG

Posted by: southern should login ( )
Date: September 23, 2012 04:39AM

Well if you just want a fun way to chase them off, forbiddencokedrinker had a great idea about opening the door just a crack and asking "what is wanted?" and then trying to go through the temple ritual with them. Maybe wear some homemade temple garb :P

But I just give them water, look super hot in my daisy dukes (they always find our house in the summer too) and tell them im not interested. Its not their fault that my mother in law forwarded my address to her precious cult. I try to treat them nice enough, I know they're likely miserable.

Now when a bishop comes to my door asking for my husband by name even though we've never met, he gets a frosty reception!

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: September 23, 2012 04:49AM

Do you want to change their minds?

Do you want to show them how nice you are unlike some other nonmos and exmos?

Do you want to work out recovery issues?

Do you want to protect your privacy and prevent ongoing mormon harassment?

Do you want to send a message that you don't favor overt door to door selling?

The first three goals call for inviting the mishies in for a chat.

The last two require ignoring them (forever) or sending them away without hesitation.

I don't favor the passive/aggressive tactics of getting rid of them by coming to the door naked or with a beer in hand. This assumes running around rummaging in the frige or stripping down which like an exordinately silly stage show to me.

Signs on the door work for people who are seldom in their front yards and driveways and who don't care about defacing their doorways. Flipping off and swearing work well for those who are practiced. Police reports and hosing work for me. People in their homes have a 100% right to determine who is welcome and who is not.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.