Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Youngandfree ( )
Date: September 23, 2012 01:29AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: notsurewhattothink ( )
Date: September 23, 2012 01:42AM

I am studying at university right now and I fully believe in evidence and that we are just organisms that have evolved over time to what we are.

Therefore, I believe that our purpose of life is what we make of it. We were not predestined for anything.

Posted by: rise ( )
Date: September 23, 2012 01:54AM

I like your explanation of we choose what life is to us.

Posted by: Youngandfree ( )
Date: September 23, 2012 02:24AM

I greatly agree with this beautiful notion and was curious what others decided to make their life purpose. Seeing as it could be almost anything.
I want to help others, obtain great and innumerable amounts of knowledge, help disprove false religion and bring great love into this world.

Posted by: ladell ( )
Date: September 23, 2012 02:38AM

I say that only somewhat facitiously

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2012 02:40AM by ladell.

Posted by: punkkid ( )
Date: September 23, 2012 05:07AM

42,that is all

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: September 23, 2012 05:15AM

Love.
;o)

Posted by: Carol Y. ( )
Date: September 23, 2012 05:49AM

Posted by: Brian M ( )
Date: September 23, 2012 08:25AM

Lately, I feel "my" life, not anybody else's, is an excellent opportunity to find generosity and abundance where scarcity and threats are first assumed.

Posted by: justcallmestupid ( )
Date: September 23, 2012 08:30AM

None - I think life on earth has evolved by natural selection and has no meaning in itself.

In my own personal life I've come to regard the relationships and friendships with other human beings as the most valuable part of it. That is, the ones that are based on genuine affection and regard for each other.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2012 08:42AM by justcallmestupid.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: September 23, 2012 08:31AM

I would like to hear what you think life means to you personally now that you are young and free.

If you are compelled to post, why aren't you compelled to vent?

Anagrammy

Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: September 23, 2012 11:33AM

Maybe being young and just recently free of tscc, the feeling is so liberating that the pain of it all has been swatted away almost effortlessly.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: September 23, 2012 08:35AM

I don't think there is a specific meaning to it, in terms of there being a meaning to us being here.

I just get to be here, which is an amazingly wonderful thing. I try to be grateful for every moment of it, even the bad moments.

Posted by: Darksparks ( )
Date: September 23, 2012 10:10AM

Posted by: RPackham ( )
Date: September 23, 2012 10:30AM

My answer to the question is in my FAQ: "What is the purpose of this life if you are an atheist?" at http://packham.n4m.org/purpose.htm

Posted by: Etagrmulfobits ( )
Date: September 23, 2012 11:19AM

To set the world record for having the oldest carcass to get run through a wood chipper after I'm done with it.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: September 23, 2012 11:57AM

Life has no meaning. It is existence and survival and assuring the continuation of all species.

I give my life meaning. We as beings give our lives meaning through our appreciation of each other and our advancement and exploration. Lifting each other lifts us all and that is worthwhile meaning.

Beyond that there is only finding your next meal and a warm cave.

Posted by: ThinkingOutLoud ( )
Date: September 23, 2012 12:14PM

The meaning of my life, is to love and live the best way I can, with the best intentions I can form, doing the most good for the most people I can, for as long a life as I am able to achieve.

I hope to teach my kid the same, along the way, and hope that when I die, he will remember what I taught him, and teach his own kids the same.

That's it.

I do not believe in an afterlife, so I try to do what good I can right here, in this one life, and live my life well, enjoying as much as I can reach for, and also try to do as little damage to others who share this world with me, while I'm at it.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.