Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Youngandfree ( )
Date: September 23, 2012 03:08AM

Do you have or want any tattoos? If so what, why and where?

I recently turned 18 and am considering the following:
The sigil of baphomet on my upper right arm to represent the maxim I am my own god and "I went to God just to see and I was looking at me" over my chest. I'm an atheist but I have faith in myself instead of in silly gods that don't exist.

If you recognize the second's reference I'll promise you my eternal soul and 200 virgins
Opinions?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2012 03:08AM by Youngandfree.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BadSheep ( )
Date: September 23, 2012 03:10AM

Marilyn Manson, The Reflecting God

Date: September 23, 2012 03:15AM

BadSheep Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Marilyn Manson, The Reflecting God

Your 200 virgins are unfortunately star trek and star wars who were too geeky for sex. I'm sorry but you do still get my eternal soul. I'm a huge Manson fan :3 especially in the 90s. I like his 90s stuff better but still like and listen to his other stuff.

Posted by: atheist&happy:-) ( )
Date: September 23, 2012 03:15AM

When I read baphomet I thought Brother Manson!

Date: September 23, 2012 03:23AM

I'm a she, too! I'll also pass on the virgins. :)

Date: September 23, 2012 03:26AM

And, I'm much more well versed on Nine Inch Nails, from my "God is dead" phase in high school, but I'm no slouch on Marilyn Manson, either.

Posted by: atheist&happy:-) ( )
Date: September 23, 2012 03:34AM

If there are so many fans here, why doesn't anyone ever post on my Manson threads? I don't write them any more. Ironically, I was going to post some of his lyrics today, which tell me more truth about religion than TSCC ever did.

Date: September 23, 2012 05:05AM

I don't listen to Marilyn Manson much any more. I did about 10 years ago in high school. I was very angry and the angry music spoke to me.

I have let all of the anger go over the years and the music doesn't appeal to me as much any more.

Date: September 23, 2012 05:10AM

Dang. I just realized high school was closer to 15 years ago now for me. I'm dating myself. I'll shut up now.

Date: September 23, 2012 03:21AM

And I guess I could answer your other questions. I have a tattoo of a flowering vine around my ankle with my husband's name "Sam". I know it is supposed to be bad luck, but I did this in tribute to him during our first year of marriage.

We were both in the army, in the same unit, and were on orders to deploy to Iraq. Our commander didn't want a married couple there together (This was 2003, very start of the war, before they started to accomodate married couples who wanted to deploy together.) So my husband volunteered to go so I wouldn't have to. I got the tattoo to remind me of his sacrifice for me. We are celebrating our 10 year anniversary next month.

I want to get a couple more tattoos. One will be a memorial to my horse Uno, who I lost in a barn fire in 2008. I just don't know what it will look like or where it will be.

Another one I want is "Stars to stars" around my wrist, with some stars. It is my version of "ashes to ashes". I think it is amazing that we are made up of the same elements of the stars, and hope that some day, some particle that once belonged to my body, will again be part of a star. There is a quote in a book I have that explains this much better than I can. I'll dig it out and post it when I have a chance.

Date: September 23, 2012 03:37AM

Saviorself you may be my savior from some nasty infection but I might take the risk Sorry I already gave out my eternal soul :3 Theres risks with almost everything. But I'm definitely considering tattoos carefully and in places easily coverable if need be like my chest and upper right arm.

Posted by: southern should login ( )
Date: September 23, 2012 04:17AM

Hey op, see if you can find a skilled henna artist first. That way you can try on your potential tattoos and tweak anything you don't like :)its the end of their busy season, I bet you can find someone good.

Posted by: bingoe4 ( )
Date: September 23, 2012 04:22AM

I have a sleeve tattoo on my left arm. It has some tribal flames with a grim reaper with his sickle in the background. I got some kanji on my bicep before I left the church and got the rest within months of leaving. The subject of the tattoo doesn't have as much meaning as the process of getting it. I was, in my mind, removing the shackles of Mormonism. I had been openly Mormon in the Marines and quite judgmental. The tattoo was a signal to others that I had left that behind. I also have the Marine Corps emblem on the inside of my lower rt arm.

I get compliments on my tattoos all the time. I researched the artist I went to extensively. I spent a good amount of money on the tattoos. They were excellent artists.

I want more. I'd love to get a couple on my neck that just barely show when I have a dress shirt and tie on.

Do NOT go cheap on tattoos. I think mine have a higher quality ink and maybe it is deeper? They still look exactly as they did in 2004. I don't regret anything. I love my tattoos. But have seen some on other people that I would regret if I were them.

I never had an infection. I took very good care of them in after care. I never saw an infection and I saw a lot of tattoos in the military.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.