Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kinderhook man ( )
Date: October 07, 2012 01:35PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: October 07, 2012 01:38PM

Well? Does it?

Posted by: helemon ( )
Date: October 07, 2012 02:10PM

There has been some recent reports that it helps increase the chances that the woman will conceive because her body is less likely to reject or attack the sperm as foreign bodies like bacteria.

Posted by: Nona ( )
Date: October 07, 2012 01:40PM

It used to be, but now it's something that the church has "no official stance" on I think.

Posted by: justrob ( )
Date: October 07, 2012 02:10PM

Yup. They used to care, until they realized it was super creepy for a bunch of old guys to tell people how to bang their own spouses.

Posted by: Yup ( )
Date: October 07, 2012 01:44PM

They claim they don't have an official stance, but that's a lie.

http://www.i4m.com/think/sexuality/mormon_oral_sex.htm

"The First Presidency has interpreted oral sex as constituting an unnatural, impure, or unholy practice. If a person is engaged in a practice which troubles him enough to ask about it, he should discontinue it."
- Official Declaration of the First Presidency of the Church, January 5th, 1982.

From the FIRST PRESIDENCY. Any official declaration signed from the 1st presidency is revelation from God.

Posted by: vulcanrider ( )
Date: October 08, 2012 08:45AM

Yup Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
If a person is engaged in a practice
which troubles him enough to ask about it, he
should discontinue it."
- Official Declaration of the First Presidency of
the Church, January 5th, 1982.

And this was my opinion about tithing, so I discontinued it...:0)

Posted by: mindlight ( )
Date: October 07, 2012 01:50PM

So the key is, just not to ask about it?

:P

Posted by: enginerd ( )
Date: October 07, 2012 02:09PM

Posted by: southern should login ( )
Date: October 07, 2012 02:49PM

Oh... So I guess they aren't ok with backdoor either then... Wow that all sounds pretty boring :/

Date: October 07, 2012 03:00PM

The only 2 officially supported positions are:
Missionary & Returned Missionary positions.

jk

Posted by: Mormon Observer ( )
Date: October 07, 2012 04:49PM

LOL!

What is a 'returned missionary' position?

How is it different from "missionary position"?

Someone please enlighten me....

Date: October 07, 2012 10:48PM

I hadn't thought that far ahead when I invented it... but let's make something up here...

It's very similar to a door approach. After 2 years of practice, all they know is to knock on the door, and reach out and vigorously shake the hand of whoever answers, & only go in if they are invited.

So it's your basic knock, shake, & enter if asked.

(That was the best I could invent on the spot... feel free to change it to something better when you invent it)

Posted by: Mormon Observer ( )
Date: October 07, 2012 11:21PM

I warned one of my dates about dating Mormons because if you do anything with them and they are active Mos. they will "return and report" to their Bishop about everything they did!

So I thought the returned missionary position;
maybe all words exchanged would be in a foreign accent?

Or someone turns around and presents a different side of themselves?

Or worse yet its a matter of "I will through the veil"...

Date: October 07, 2012 11:23PM

Haha, I went down the path of your last suggestion for a while, but it strayed to far away from "mission" related humor, so I deleted it and started over.

All good suggestions though

Posted by: exrldsgirl ( )
Date: October 07, 2012 03:04PM

Here's what I think. They want to insist on 'insert tab p into slot v' in order to keep people making lots of babies and also to try to show that hetero sex is the only natural and pure sex. If it's OK for opposite-sex couples to please each other in a variety of different ways with their various body parts, then maybe people will start to think it's OK for same-sex couples to do the same.

Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: October 07, 2012 03:22PM

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: October 07, 2012 03:23PM

It would be if you were married to Packer! Ew!

Posted by: Starry4ever8 ( )
Date: October 07, 2012 07:28PM

You mean Pecker not Packer lol

Posted by: Chromesthesia ( )
Date: October 07, 2012 04:19PM

Oh they have some nerve. Their founder had sex with 33 women some underaged and they have the nerve to say no oral sex? Some women can only orgasm with oral sex so they are ruining their sex lives

Posted by: The Oncoming Storm - bc ( )
Date: October 07, 2012 10:52PM

The most recent statements and training to bishops/stake presidents is to stay out of the bedroom of married couples.

However, there are the past statements - it's been 20-30 years.

Also, you can pretty much guarantee that most bishop's will give an answer like this:

If you worry enough to ask you then you shouldn't do it.

Date: October 07, 2012 11:11PM

I *always* hated answers like that, because I was so super-conservative mormon, that they couldn't fathom what things worried me.

I had a church leader tell me that before I got married (He wouldn't even listen to my question, but just gave me that answer).

My question *would have been* (if he'd let me speak it out loud) "Do you have to keep the garments on during sex, and have intercourse through the fly."

But he was just so full of the spirit that he knew his one size fits all answer would be perfect for me too.

what a tool.

Luckily I talked to my already married friend and found out that it was ok to take them off (otherwise that could have led to a really crappy honeymoon).

Posted by: Dallin A. Chokes ( )
Date: October 07, 2012 11:20PM

'Tis around my house.

Boo.

Posted by: lucky ( )
Date: October 08, 2012 04:51AM

Sex is a sin for MORmON couples unless they are doing it to make a new little MORmON, 3 minute mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYsi-r1amY0

Posted by: Albinolamanite ( )
Date: October 08, 2012 01:22PM

When my wife is bad I'm sure to give her a good tongue lashing.

In all seriousness though, much is made about the sexually repressed Mormon but it's almost always done so from the male perspective. This speaks to the abuse of Women within the church just as much as anything else does and it's very sad. They have to pop out multiple kids to feel even remotely worthy and many of them have to endure such sad, boring sex lives for their entire existence. We all know how much those grouchy old tbm women could use some quality foreplay and then a good stiff one.

Posted by: Jim Huston ( )
Date: October 08, 2012 01:33PM

The Bible supports the practice of oral sex

http://www.sexinchrist.com/oralsex.html

Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: October 08, 2012 01:54PM

I chose to leave before I would have to deal with this issue.

To me it is absolutely absurd and I would have been out of my skull if someone tried to insert themselves into my sexuality in marriage especially without scripture, without official Mormon Doctrine, and without standing. (Maybe through an easily manipulated partner)

What would a conversation like that be? Sister so and so, do you have unnatural sex acts with your husband?

What's unnatural Bishop? Give me further light and knowledge.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2012 02:27PM by gentlestrength.

Posted by: Brethren,adieu ( )
Date: October 08, 2012 03:07PM

I was in a student ward at the UofU when a bishop told the entire room full of us that oral sex was a sin. This was in the early 90's.

Posted by: rationalguy ( )
Date: October 08, 2012 03:35PM

I have been married to two uber TBM women. It became obvious that neither had any objection whatever to receiving such as that we are referring to. Both were quite opposed to providing said service to yours truly, however.

People are free to make themselves slaves to religious organizations, to freely receive tons of guilt until their little masochistic souls are dripping with it. I now refuse to do that. No one gets to tell me what to do in the bedroom or any other room for that matter. I only acknowledge authorities who have legal and lawful power to direct me. I'm a free man living in the 21st century.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2012 03:40PM by rationalguy.

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: October 08, 2012 03:42PM

They once put out declaration that oral sex was wrong, and told Bishops to ask about it to married couples. Naturally, married couples told their bishops where to stick it, so the church told Bishops to stop asking.

Note that they never rescinded the declaration, nor did they repeat. This is typical for LDS theology. Now some people claim that oral sex is wrong, and others claim that they've never heard this. So, you have a bunch of people running around with conflicting notions of what is acceptable and what isn't.

Sometimes I wonder if the church prefers it this way. No one is really clear what is right or wrong on issues like caffeine, oral sex, or what to do on Sunday. The prigs claim they have a higher standars, and more normal members think there are too many rules already.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.