Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: mondaymorning ( )
Date: October 07, 2012 03:28PM

It is pretty disgusting to log onto my Facebook and see nothing but sheeple singing praises to their lord god and the only go they have to do with Jeffrey R Holland.

The same man who lied through his dentures in the BBC interview about Romney and temple penalties. This is the man they admire? One who lies for the Lard?

People that want to be force fed how to live life instead of discovering for themselves love Holland. They love that type of person. One who speaks with authority despite having none, one who hints at divine communication though will never explicitly say it for fear of not being able back it up and one who is not afraid to chastise the multitude so that each individual can say, "I know so and so does that, I'm so glad that he's not talking about me." So they can pretend to feel as if they are accepted before God.

Bottom line, sheeple want to be sheep and until they have a reason to think for themselves, they won't.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: mostcorrectedbook ( )
Date: October 07, 2012 05:13PM

Thanks for your comment. I used to like his talks. But now I've lost trust to any preacher. I do have more respect for myself now. Trust my own conscience and soul.

Posted by: ghost buster ( )
Date: October 07, 2012 05:17PM

He used to be the baby of the quorum, now he has bigger jowls than a bulldog. He's just not as cute. Actually, I think I'd rather listen to a bulldog speak, I would learn a lot more.

Posted by: Calafia ( )
Date: October 07, 2012 05:31PM

I will provide a virtual "thumbs up" to anyone who produces a poster of Holland's jowly visage, similar to Shepard Fairey's Obama "Hope" poster, except with the caption "Dodo".

If only Holland had said, "I'm not a dope" then the match would be even better.

Posted by: puckpasser ( )
Date: October 07, 2012 05:57PM

www.flickr.com/photos/88211537@N03/

Posted by: holistic ( )
Date: October 08, 2012 04:36AM

Now that really made me laugh. I needed that too. That poster would sell like mad

Posted by: pigsinzen ( )
Date: October 07, 2012 06:58PM

3 snaps in a Z formation!

Posted by: mondaymorning ( )
Date: October 07, 2012 10:36PM

Haha

Posted by: passingthrough ( )
Date: October 07, 2012 11:32PM

"......preferring to pick and choose a few cultural ordoeuvre's from the smorgasbord....."

That's because there is so much excrement on the rest of your table "elder" Holland! You do after all, prefer 'shades' of truth rather than truth--aren't you therefore guilty of your own accusations of only sampling a few items from the "smorgasbord?" It seems the corporate church is only interested in truth if it is convenient.

Posted by: Cynthia ( )
Date: October 08, 2012 12:16AM

On our local news Holland said he was "giddy" about the change in the age for missionaries. He said it was news to everyone, no one had any idea this was going to happen including the quorum of the 70. Their own official newsroom says the church has been calling missionaries at the age of 18 in 48 countries around the world. There was an article in the SL Tribune in Aug of 2011 telling about the use of 18 year old missionaries in six countries. You are a liar Mr Holland, a bold faced liar. The members in the US who did not know of this "new" (not) policy now, because of your misleading statement, think it was a wonderful new revelation given to god's chosen prophets. You are a liar and a deceiver Mr. Holland. The thought that the faithful consider you moral, ethical, and honest with an ounce of integrity is disgusting to me. What's so hard about telling the members the truth, that calling 18 year old missionaries is being done in other countries and will now also be done in the US? Why must you make up a lie to explain the change? Habit I suppose. Mr. Holland, when you lie about something so unimportant you must be lying about bigger, much more important matters.

Posted by: lucky ( )
Date: October 08, 2012 04:57AM

Posted by: munchybotaz ( )
Date: October 08, 2012 05:36AM

making up stuff that Jebus said. Isn't that kind of a no-no in other churches? He made Jebus sound like a pretty big jerk, too, imo.

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: October 08, 2012 05:39AM

I hope they don't make this liar emeritus like what's hid face other liar.

This nut is good material.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.