Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: October 09, 2012 06:02PM

Since we are on the offended topic today: When inactives are accused of leaving because they were offended, wouldn't a good comeback be "Why are you NOT offended?" Like there is something wrong with MORMONS for tolerating evil, rather than letting them cast aspersions on us. Because seriously Mormons ...

How you NOT offended by conference talks warning you not to research church history but just believe as you are told?

How are you NOT offended by women being made to feel marriage, housekeeping, babies and baby voices are the greatest contribution they can make to the Lord?

How are you NOT offended by only being fed part of church history by your leaders and being told the rest isn't important to your eternal salvation?

How are you NOT offended by your inactive friends and family being routinely trashed by members and leaders alike as being sinners, not having their act together, being unworthy, being lazy etc?

How are you NOT offended by having your boy ripped out of your arms for programming when he has barely taken the graduation cap from his head?

How are you NOT offended by the fact the church has a right to take your money and use it without any accountability, like you are too stupid to be able to understand?

How are you NOT offended that you have to pay to get into heaven and it's sold to you as obedience?

How are you NOT offended by being required to be exactly obedient to every whim of the humans who claim they are above you? BTW, especially when you know that obedience tactic was used by such historical figures as Hitler, Stalin, Kim Jong Il?

How are you NOT offended by the gossip, infighting, cliques, and judgementalism in your average ward? Did you know you become like the people you hang around the most? Do you really want to become that small and bitter?

Any others?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2012 06:12PM by CA girl.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lostman ( )
Date: October 09, 2012 06:06PM

Well said

Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: October 09, 2012 06:11PM

Just thinking about them offends me.

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: October 09, 2012 06:11PM

Is there any virtue to being offended? Is it better in any way to be offended rather than to not be offended? Mormonism didn't work for me and I think it is damaging for anybody who gets involved, but it is pretty difficult to offend me. I would say that there has been very little that Mormonism does that has made me offended in the past.

I ridicule it fairly often though...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2012 06:12PM by snb.

Posted by: Xyandro ( )
Date: October 09, 2012 06:17PM

It's a TBM response to truth:

Q. Did you know Joseph Smith had 34 wives, 2 only 14 years old, and 11 already married?

A. How dare you say such offensive things?

Date: October 09, 2012 06:20PM

Date: October 09, 2012 11:04PM

ditto

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: October 09, 2012 11:14PM

Some truths are offensive to Mormons.

Posted by: FormerLatterClimber ( )
Date: October 10, 2012 11:47AM

And not very useful.

Posted by: GC ( )
Date: October 09, 2012 11:51PM

Truth is not wanted

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: October 10, 2012 12:35AM

Another question.

What is it that Mormons are constantly saying to people that is so offensive to them?

I would really like to hear the answer to that.

Posted by: ghost buster ( )
Date: October 10, 2012 01:38AM

I never met anyone personally that claimed to be offended, but there are plenty of mormon stories floating around about someone who stopped coming to church because they didn't like the bishop, or because people weren't friendly enough to them at church, or because nobody would sit beside them. I'm sure there is the odd case where someone actually is offended and stops coming, but it seems to me that it's mostly stories made up to explain why people stop coming. Can't let the real reason out now, can we?

Posted by: Dee Lightsum ( )
Date: October 10, 2012 01:50AM

I like the "someone offended you" accusation much better than what my dad always says--"people only leave the church because they have sinned or they want to sin". Now THAT'S offensive!!

Date: October 10, 2012 10:22AM

Considering what I've seen Mormons do since I left, I'd say that wanting to sin is not a reason to leave Mormonism. There are plenty of people sinning up a storm, then paying tithing, sitting in the pews on Sunday, doing their calling and patting themselves on the back for their righteousness. Mormons sin as much or more than non-LDS people but they are either better at hiding it or they don't consider what they do (lying, judging, bearing false witness) as sins. So because they have justified their sins in their minds, they think everyone else has. Sorry Momos, the rest of us can see right through you.

Posted by: pigsinzen ( )
Date: October 10, 2012 11:01AM

They are not sinning as long as they don't drink coffee.

Posted by: Minnie ( )
Date: October 10, 2012 11:33AM

or smoke or drink

Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: October 10, 2012 11:48AM

or not wearing flip-flops to Sac Meeting

Posted by: lucky ( )
Date: October 10, 2012 12:04PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmTNOrJy28c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhY1NXBL8l0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMiA3USk7SQ

LDS INC. defends MORmON founder Joe Smith and then promotes him as a prophet. Knowing what Joe did, If that is not offensive to some one, then that person is a MORmON, or STUPID and EVIL enough to qualify as one anyway. IF the stupid fits, then (who ever will
be) wear(ing) it. We know who and what they are, even if they are too stupid to know it for themselves, which goes a long way toward explaining why they were too stupid to be offended.

Date: October 10, 2012 06:23PM

"If that is not offensive to some one, then that person is a MORmON, or STUPID and EVIL enough to qualify as one anyway"

I have to chuckle a bit at this statement. I think it is meant as a personal attack, but I have a hard time taking it seriously.

Was this meant as a personal attack?

Posted by: just a thought ( )
Date: October 10, 2012 02:39PM

How are you not offended that a church that purports to be led by Jesus Christ just invested billions into a high end shopping mall?

How are you not offended that there is no public accountability for how your tithing dollars are spent?

How are you not offended that a church labeled gays, intellectuals and feminists as "enemies"?

How are you not offended that the church will excommunicate and/or fire members for expressing political or personal opinions?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.