Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: baura ( )
Date: October 09, 2012 11:01PM

This guy claims that he . . .

http://articlesofhealth.blogspot.com/2011/05/your-bones-are-only-as-healthy-as-your.html

"can make a difference in restoring health to the navel, marrow to the bones and strength to the loins and the sinews."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: justrob ( )
Date: October 09, 2012 11:38PM

So I should eat more baking soda to raise my PH level? He doesn't suggest any solutions, just some cockamamie excuse to not bother with diagnosis.

I find it amazing how many people try to make 1-size-fits-all solutions. There are a FEW things that can work for, but most things are complex by nature (assuming you believe in evolution & chemistry & science in general).

Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: October 10, 2012 12:49AM

Well, his name IS Young.

And his pH Miracle Center IS right there in one of the most Mormon counties in California.

And his bio says he loves to go skiing in Utah.

:::shrugs:::

Posted by: ThinkingOutLoud ( )
Date: October 10, 2012 09:26AM

Destiny Deep Sea Water? He promotes and sells water. He uses his DSc and his PhD to sell water. And probiotics and enzymes.

He's not a doctor--he's a product pusher. And his products have markups as high as 1000%. If he really cared about people's health, he wouldn't do that.

Greedy AND a quack.

Posted by: mindlight ( )
Date: October 10, 2012 09:30AM

I used baking soda last night and it helped my reflux. However, it has a huge amount of salt. I also didn't pee in the night ... a bonus.
I have docs appointment today so I will ask him which is best for me

beats me

Date: October 10, 2012 10:31AM

Just thought of something: if they desalinate that Deep Sea Water and there is a remaining 48 mg/L in the 8 oz bottle, how many bottles of Deep Sea Water are these doctors recommending per day, per patient? Is it a set amount, or does it vary per person, based on weight? And what do their probiotics and other supplements contain?

Why is he so worried about pH, versus sodium intake?

They used to say 20 mg/L sodium was the "safest" limit for tap water (given 6, 8oz glasses per day per person and ingesting at or near the limit for sodium via food intake at same time). My MIL has HBP and a lot of other problems and we had to always watch her sodium intake.

Now they are saying they may change that 50 mg/L as being ok for all water, but only if ingesting below the recommend sodium intake via food on a regular or daily basis.

They have always recommended being careful not to feed babies formula made from the same bottled mineral water as adults drink, if the water has above 100 mg/L sodium per 8 oz bottle.

Approaching 200 mg/L, do not use it for babies or give it to toddlers as their main source of water at all, and if you must, do so on a short-term basis only. We were warned about this on our first trip to Europe years ago, as the water in hotels and restaurants had much higher sodium levels than our tap at home.

So, if the Deep Sea Water is at 48 mg/L and the person drinks a lot of that per day, but is not warned to be careful and watch their overall sodium intake, could Deep Sea Water actually be harmful?

Posted by: rationalguy ( )
Date: October 10, 2012 10:42AM

Baking soda works great for excess stomach acid, but there's a down side. It reacts with hydrochloric acid to form carbon dioxide (burps) and sodium chloride (salt.) Same as taking a teaspoon or two of table salt. That's not good for ya.

I had chronic reflux but found cheap generic Walmart OTC acid reducer containing Famotidine to work great.

This "magic water" BS is so old that it was probably common in George Washington's time. Everyone seemed to have a magic spring that spewed forth healing water.

Date: October 10, 2012 10:47AM

I thought so too rational guy and bookratt

thxs

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2012 10:48AM by mindlight.

Posted by: lulu ( )
Date: October 10, 2012 10:56AM

Date: October 10, 2012 11:02AM

Quack

Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: October 10, 2012 11:23AM

A Mormon? AND a Quack?

I have to thank everyone here at RfM for helping improve the accuracy of my bullchip filters. LOL!

Posted by: Barnupcrik ( )
Date: October 10, 2012 11:24AM

Mindlight..WoW. 16. All grain is ordained for the use of man.. 17. Nevertheless, wheat for man,.. I had bad acid reflex for years. It went away within days of going off "ALL" wheat products. I've found wheat to be bad for me in so many ways, I bet it's bad for you. google "wheatbellys" for the true WoW. (I love spreading the WORD, wheat's poison)

Date: October 10, 2012 11:24AM

LOL!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2012 11:26AM by mindlight.

Date: October 10, 2012 11:25AM

Oh, Barnupcrik - didn't see your answer before my post.

Is the wheat thing because of the gluten?

added - just searched on that wheat belly ... yup ... gluten

Gawds I have so many things to watch in my friggen diet

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2012 11:28AM by mindlight.

Posted by: Barnupcrik ( )
Date: October 10, 2012 11:52AM

Mindlight. Try it, of course it's against the WoW, but try it anyway. When I first googled wheatbellys about 3 months ago it took me to a list of 10 health problems caused by wheat. Six of them belonged to me. To date 5 of the 6 are gone or much better. Number 6 is cholesterol. I have an up coming apt. with my cardiologist and will soon know about #6.

Date: October 10, 2012 01:11PM

Everyone is talking about supplements stuff and nobody is mentioning the fact that he's using part of the super-secret name of the "partriarchal grip or sure sign of the nail" in his advertising.

Date: October 10, 2012 01:46PM

Saw that but didn't know enough about it to comment.

Is that more than just tacky, ie: is it unethical to do?

Date: October 10, 2012 04:12PM

That is so super-secret that you are not even supposed to say it
in the temple except at one special place--at the Veil
Ceremony. A husband and wife, who have both been through the
temple, are not even supposed to mention it to each other in the
privacy of their own home.

Posted by: left4good ( )
Date: October 10, 2012 01:22PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_O._Young

And from Wiki:

He received four degrees from the Clayton College of Natural Health (a now‑defunct unaccredited distance-learning school): a Masters degree in nutrition (1993); a D.Sc. with emphasis in chemistry and biology (1995); a Ph.D. (1997); and a N.D. [Doctor of Naturopathy], (1999).

Also, he is an RM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.