Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: danboyle ( )
Date: October 12, 2012 02:22PM

I know Lance is the best cyclist in the world
I know Lance is a fantastic father and husband
I know Lance is the leader in the fight against cancer
I know Lance has raised millions of dollars for this fight
I know Lance never cheated
I know Lance's record will stand forever
I know there are anti-Lance's out there spewing lies
I keep my testimony of Lance strong by never reading any anti-Lance material
I pray you all do the same
My testimony of Lance has made my life so much better, just look at the good he does, and ignore the anti-Lancelites
If someone talks evil of the Lance, I tell them the truth and walk away.

I cannot lose my testimony of Lance, I don't know how I could go on with out his example in my life.

In the name of cheese-and-rice, amen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2012 02:28PM by danboyle.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: LOL ( )
Date: October 12, 2012 02:25PM

Amen.

Posted by: Dugger ( )
Date: October 12, 2012 03:19PM

Great Post danboyle!

Vive' Tour 'd Lance! You have certainly convinced me of the truthfulness of Lance Armstrong. Your declaration has instilled the feeling of truth within my bosom & strengthened my resolve to never speak or tolerate ill remarks regarding Lance. I'm eternally grateful now that the thinking has been done for me.

Posted by: brett ( )
Date: October 12, 2012 03:24PM

After hearing your testimonkey, I would now like to hear more about Lance. Perhaps a series of meetings where you could show videos of Lance and tell me in more detail about him. If you had any reading material, maybe something called "The Book of Lance", that would be helpful also. Thanks!

Posted by: vulcanrider ( )
Date: October 12, 2012 03:29PM

Any chance that an angel with a Flaming Sword gave you this insight into Lance? Could his name be Hincampie?

Posted by: Rowell back ( )
Date: October 12, 2012 03:29PM

You'll sure like the chapters on the lance cycle*.

A righteous man rides uphill faster and a unrightous man does not. The lance cycle is the cause of the demise of the us postal team.

*not to be confused with the pride cycle.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: October 12, 2012 04:06PM

I am not saying that Lance Armstrong is perfect, I am only saying that he is a better man then Joseph Smith.

Also, his doping does not change the fact that he was the first man to walk on the moon, and a first class trumpet player.

Posted by: quebec ( )
Date: October 12, 2012 04:09PM

ROTFLMAO!!! Forbidden, you are so great ;)

Posted by: Doxi ( )
Date: October 12, 2012 11:19PM

...also The All-American Boy.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: October 12, 2012 09:25PM

If they had evidence he was "doping" he would not be able to pass those dozens and dozens of tests along with his team. So what is the big deal?

Their testing system is rotten?

I add my testimony of L.A. ! :-)

Posted by: nofear ( )
Date: October 12, 2012 11:43PM

Do you plan to institute a "Lance is innocent fund" and charge 10% gross of believer's salaries for the rest of their lives to continue the good work of Lance? If I also believe in Frank and Andy Schleck, will you punish me by not allowing me to participate in Lance festivals but, still expect me to pay you 10%?

Posted by: quinlansolo ( )
Date: October 13, 2012 04:57PM

Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: October 12, 2012 11:48PM

I heard he was going to confess many years ago, but he didn't have the ball.

Posted by: bingoe4 ( )
Date: October 13, 2012 12:10AM

That is HORRIBLE!! So funny!!!! LOL!!

Posted by: bingoe4 ( )
Date: October 12, 2012 11:48PM

The fact that he is a martyr is also more proof that he is true.

Posted by: stains ( )
Date: October 13, 2012 12:02AM

some things that are true about Lance are not very useful

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: October 13, 2012 06:06AM

Hooray for Exmos !

Remember, I live in France and I was surprised at the continuing support for him here as things unravelled.

I'm sure he WAS a great cyclist initially and I'm sure some of his victories were dope-free, but he went on too long and pushed things too far...

Have a nice weekend

Tom in Paris (where the weather is miserable!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2012 10:25AM by Soft Machine.

Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: October 13, 2012 04:55PM

The story of Lance Armstrong is a 3-dimensional one that many people choose to see only one side of. It is unfortunate that things are the way they are.

Posted by: EssexExMo ( )
Date: October 13, 2012 10:23AM

From 'the news quiz'

the tragedy of lance armstrong is that he has persuaded a generation of young drug users that cycling may be cool

Posted by: LOL ( )
Date: October 13, 2012 01:39PM

I am still laughing. This is brilliant!

Posted by: rt ( )
Date: October 13, 2012 04:44PM

By the way, I read through the first 50 pages of the USADA file and have yet to find the first solid piece of evidence. So far, I think "hatchet job" describes it pretty well.

I mean, Lance once had a discussion with his sport doctor Ferrari on doping and Ferrari stated (gasp) that it enhances performance (there are three (3) sworn witnesses to this exchange). Being a humble doctor, Ferrari could't have known that, therefore I know without a shadow of a doubt that Lance must be true!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2012 04:48PM by rt.

Posted by: GC ( )
Date: October 13, 2012 04:50PM

The US Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) waived its own eight-year statute of limitations to investigate and prosecute Armstrong.

"If Armstrong had come in and been truthful, then the evidence might have been that the statute of limitations should apply," Travis Tygart, USADA's chief executive, told USA Today.

Unhappy with the USADA’s approach, Armstrong called the investigation an ''unconstitutional witch-hunt” and a judge seemed to agree, although he apparently didn’t feel it was his role to call it off.

''USADA's conduct raises serious questions about whether its real interest in charging Armstrong is to combat doping, or if it is acting according to less noble motives,” such as politics or publicity, U.S. District Judge Sam Sparks wrote in his opinion.

Definitely a witch-hunt, no matter how much you love or hate Armstrong!

Posted by: rt ( )
Date: October 13, 2012 05:03PM

Not only did they waive the statute, they also repeatedly refer to inadmissable evidence (twice in the first 50 pages) stating they full well know it's inadmissable but if it hadn't been, they wouldn't have needed it anyway because their case is so strong. WTF?

Their standard of proof is a joke:

“[t]he standard of proof shall be whether the AntiDoping Organization has established an anti-doping rule violation to the comfortable satisfaction of the hearing panel bearing in mind the seriousness of the allegation which is made”.

This is reminiscent of the saying (was it Hitchens or Sagan?) that extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. They're not merely accusing Armstrong of using dope, they're talking about a wide-ranging conspiracy involving dozens of people over a period of almost a decade.

Bearing in mind the seriousness of this allegation, they brush off Armstrong's 600 or so negative dope tests with these two sentences:

"This case was initiated by USADA based on evidence other than a positive drug test. It is not necessary for there to have been a positive drug test in order for a rule violation to have been established and many cases reflect this principle.”

You don't have to be an Armstrong fan to see that the USADA is pulling a fast one here...

Posted by: ghost buster ( )
Date: October 13, 2012 06:42PM

Some people embrace stories about Lance's early days that may not always show him in the most favourable light. I invite those people to repent and come back to Lance.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.