Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: utahchick32 ( )
Date: October 12, 2012 11:16PM

Hey, so quick one for everyone:

If women can't hold the priesthood b/c they are too busy living barefoot and preggers, why when I went thru the temple (oh so long ago it seems) did women bless me?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: flyboy21 ( )
Date: October 12, 2012 11:25PM

Cuz men may be prompted by the spirit to bless your loins more directly. Only Joe was allowed to give such blessings.

Posted by: utahchick32 ( )
Date: October 12, 2012 11:28PM

Well really it just makes me realize what a pack of liars make up the church. Went to BYU for something the other day and cringed walking down a hallway seeing pics of all the old prophets. Prophets of lies, anyhow...

Posted by: bingoe4 ( )
Date: October 12, 2012 11:54PM

Was it always like that? Does anyone know?

I'd guess someone was thinking and realized that a man touching a naked woman, except for that poncho thingy, could result in a lawsuit.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: October 13, 2012 10:40AM

he believes it used to be men who blessed the women, too--but I've never been able to verify that.

Posted by: dogeatdog ( )
Date: October 13, 2012 12:16PM

This is why you hear a lot of TBM women allude to the fact that women can/or will hold the priesthood in the after life. I think quite a few TBM women sort of comfort themselves with the fact that women can do what they do in the temple and theorize that's how it will be in the afterlife and therefore only men having the priesthood now doesn't bother them as much...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.