Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BahBahBlacki ( )
Date: October 13, 2012 04:53AM

I hope so. Or at least somewhere nice. My old, wonderful, darling, best friend of a cat is dying right now, in my arms. She's had cancer and all sorts of pain, and could have left this life a lot earlier...but she hung on to be with me, I feel. I've had more time to prepare for this moment, though it certainly hasn't made it any easier. With our last hours together, I can't help but hope there will be something better for her when she moves on.

I don't remember what Mormons had to say about pets and heaven

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dk ( )
Date: October 13, 2012 05:45AM

If you own one (s-r-h cat) in this life, you get to come back as one in your next life.

I'll know how to get my owner up a 4 am to feed me. I'll know how to run threw the house with the end of a toilet paper roll. What part of no don't you understand? The part where I don't get to do what I want. I'll know what's mine is mine and what's yours is mine. Everything is potentially a cat toy, unless it's some toy I'm suppose to play with. I'll know how to spell bad words, like, V-E-T and where to hide when my owner spells it out. In my next life, I'll be a spoiled-rotten-house cat with lots of experience.

Posted by: ipo ( )
Date: October 13, 2012 06:29AM

Sorry to hear you are in that heart-breaking situation. It's hard to start a new day without such a friend. The cat of my life died over ten years ago. Can't remember a day gone by without thinking of him. We do have rescued other cats since then. Bu he was special.

We too spoil our cats. It's sometimes impossible to understand them. But they mean so much, I don't mind acting in an upstairs, downstairs play, as long as they are with us.

Posted by: Docia ( )
Date: October 13, 2012 07:37AM

So sorry. Cat love is a wonderful thing. We have a 10 year old tabby, an 11 year old spotted tuxedo and a 19 (!) year old Persian mix. We've had cats forever and I'm always the one who wraps them in my nightgown and takes them to the vet and kisses them and whispers to them and pets them as they get "put to sleep." This is only if they are on death's door and in pain.

I wish people had such peaceful deaths. And the love/care you're giving your cat is as precious as hospice care to a human. Love is Love. Our hearts are with you and your "baby."

Posted by: Surrender Dorothy ( )
Date: October 13, 2012 08:19AM

+1 Love is love! Warm thoughts to you and your furry love.

Posted by: puff the magic dragon ( )
Date: October 13, 2012 08:21AM

We had a 23 year old fluffy black and white that looked just like Sylvester the cat. He died this year while I was pregnant. Sometime we all thought at different times we could hear him meowing after he died.

Your cat will always be in your families heart and we wish you comfort during this time.

Puff

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: October 13, 2012 10:19AM

I'm so sorry. *BIG HUGS*

I still cry sometimes, thinking about the loss of my cat last year.

It's so hard with pets, because we actually hope to outlive them, because we'd worry so much about what would happen to them after we were gone. But losing them is so hard.

Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: October 13, 2012 10:20AM

I'm so sorry :( hugs.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 13, 2012 10:29AM

I'm so sorry. I was with our much beloved family cat as he was being put to sleep. I felt him jump up on my bed that very evening (he hadn't been able to do that for years.) It was nice to know that he got his young legs back!

I think that they're never too far from us.

Posted by: BahBahBlacki ( )
Date: October 13, 2012 10:36AM

Thank you, everyone. I appreciate the kind words! My girl died after nine hours of suffering. I'll never get over how she looked at me, took her last breath, and left that ailing body behind. I've cried rivers for over nine hours and am totally wiped out. Im going to sleep and hope I wake up on the more positive side. She isn't suffering anymore.

Posted by: jan ( )
Date: October 13, 2012 11:33AM

People who aren't pet people don't understand the bond between us and our fur babies. As I mentioned on another thread this morning, I find comfort in the Rainbow Bridge poem and website.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 13, 2012 11:35AM

I have found comfort in the Rainbow Bridge website as well.

http://www.rainbowbridge.com/

I'm sorry for your loss, BahBahBlacki.

Posted by: Boomer ( )
Date: October 13, 2012 02:28PM

I am so sorry. Loosing a furbaby is so hard. Surely she'll be with you forever, here and in heaven. Big hugs.

Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: October 13, 2012 11:35AM

Oh that is sad! Both you and ambialent exmo are grieving now. I'm so sorry your beloved pet has died!

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: October 13, 2012 11:37AM

So sad... :-(

(big hug)

Posted by: Helen ( )
Date: October 13, 2012 12:03PM

but I'm glad she has you to be with her as she makes this journey....

I hear you, no matter how much time we have to prepare it still isn't easy when the moment arrives. It hurts like hell.

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: October 13, 2012 12:35PM

I want no part of that sort of heaven.

IMHO, your cat is part of the circle of life.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2012 02:30PM by MJ.

Posted by: lw123 ( )
Date: October 13, 2012 01:01PM

Shhh! Don't let the dogs hear you, they think they're the only ones up here!

Posted by: lurker99 ( )
Date: October 13, 2012 02:21PM

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I had to have my cat put down earlier this year, just hours after I found out he had cancer. It all happened so quickly and I didn't have much time to prepare for that moment. I am just very grateful that I got to spend his last moments with him and that the vet allowed me to hold my precious boy in my arms as he died. I am positive that it brought your precious girl great comfort in knowing that you were there for her in her last moments, too.

Posted by: John_Lyle ( )
Date: October 13, 2012 02:27PM

My sib and I are into dog rescue.

We think that dogs pass over a 'Rainbow Bridge' into heaven and that they will be waiting for us over the "Rainbow Bridge" where pets who are sick and hurting go. Then we will be united in the after life.

The Bible, generally says that animals have no souls. I disagree. How could a merciful god confine these animals, The animals who mean more than life itself to their guardians, to nothing?

It's hard, but it helps.

I have a dog about 11 years old, (he's a large sporting breed), who is slowly winding down and I know he will be going over the Rainbow Bridge shortly... Kills me...

Posted by: AlmostFell ( )
Date: October 13, 2012 04:37PM

I've sorry about your cat. I lost my heart dog to cancer over the summer. You're right that knowing about it and having time to prepare doesn't make it easier. I like that he's gotten his young healthy body back and that he's having a great time while he's waiting for me.

Posted by: fabfeline4me ( )
Date: October 13, 2012 05:29PM

I am so so so very sorry for your loss. I did not make it three posts into this, and the tears just will not stop. I am a HUGE animal lover, any kind, but especially the kitties. I lost my baby last February, at 10 months old, due to a congenital heart problem,that is not diagnosable until too late. I rescued this baby at 2 days old (someone left him in a box in a mall parking lot) hand fed him, never left him alone, just to have him taken away...devastating...

There is a happy ending though...I volunteer with several animal rescue organizations..and heard about a volunteer who became sick, and due to her medical bills was soon homeless. Everyone rallied to help. She had 2 brother Maine Coons (my favorite) that needed to be adopted together and they were having a hard time placing them together(as was the wish of the lady who had them and loved them so very much) Still deeply grieving I reluctantly went to meet them...HAPPY HAPPY ending..fell in love, took them home, and we healed together. I won the lottery that day as it turns out I needed them as much as they needed me:)

Big giant hug to you all. Animals, really do leave paw prints on your heart!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.