Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: October 19, 2012 05:37PM

I mean, I look at my TBM relations, and I can't help noticing chinks in their testimonkey armor. Things like eye opening inside looks into how stupid or cheap the church really is in their day to day operations, or guys who are really into science and learning who have a good education, and if they ever stumbled across the right information would have their whole world shatter like a house of cards.

Then there are all the TBM nephews and nieces who, one by one, are coming of age, and may make some pretty bold statements about their lack of interest in staying in the church once they leave their parent's house.

Of course this is all in jest. The real point of my post is hope. There is always hope that TBM loved ones, especially if they are of sound mind, will find their way out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2012 05:38PM by forbiddencokedrinker.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cheezus ( )
Date: October 19, 2012 10:51PM

I read that a little too quickly and thought you meant you had bets going with your tbm family about which ga was next to meet his maker. I was going to say bk is next to see the light. Of natural causes of course. Sorry to introduce this in your thread.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: October 20, 2012 12:15AM

I actually had a GA dead pool going right before conference, so it is OK.

Posted by: Gullible's Travels ( )
Date: October 20, 2012 12:52AM

Cause if there is, I would love to get in on that! Not that I need another reason to look forward to their timely demise. :-D

Sorry about the hijack. I think that it would be awesome to start your own family dark pool! (as in 'outer darkness')

I'd be interested in a 'return and report' on that.

Posted by: ghost buster ( )
Date: October 20, 2012 12:57AM

I think the best way to know if it is wrong would be to ask god if it is not true. If you get a burning in your bosom then you know that it is not true. Or that you shouldn't have had so much sauerkraut on your bratwurst. Either way.

Posted by: cheezus ( )
Date: October 20, 2012 04:40AM

Do you have a big pool to draw from? Are you dropping fast? It would be fun if it was fast moving, like every 6 months or so, there is something newsworthy that happens or someone drops out. Otherwise, it would be really slow and you might forget or lose some interest.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.