Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: bingoe4 ( )
Date: October 20, 2012 09:06PM

That is a good and rare pastor.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: October 21, 2012 05:36AM

Some in the comments are accusing Billy Graham's son, Franklin, of saying and doing things in his dad's name and that Billy is in poor health.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2012 05:37AM by suckafoo.

Posted by: canadianfriend ( )
Date: October 23, 2012 11:53PM

I have to wonder if the evangelicals will go into a seething anti-mormon backlash frenzy once Mitt is out of the picture.

Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: October 24, 2012 12:33AM

The rabid dogs turn on each other.

LMFAO!

Posted by: Camara ( )
Date: October 24, 2012 09:16AM

The protestants fight one another with glee, and there is a ton of in-fighting within churchs themselves with pastors being voted out and splinter churchs forming when a pastor is not voted out. One thing they all agree on is that JW's & Mormons are members of cults and if they (the evangelicals) don't convert them they're doomed.

I can't help but wonder if--given the history--the church heirarchy knows this is only a cease fire and not an end to the war.

Posted by: manjuan ( )
Date: October 28, 2012 12:43AM

Posted by: Pilgrimforchrist ( )
Date: December 19, 2013 11:55AM

Am very disappointed but not surprised that Graham ministries made the politically expedient decision to drop Mormonism from its list of Cults.
How can a denomination does NOT recognize Jesus Christ as it's sole Lord , believes it's followers can become Celestial Gods through good works on earth and in death inhabit other planets where they establish their own Celestial kingdoms be considered anything other than a Secular Cult?
I won't even open the can of worms on polygamy that it's founder Joseph Smith insisted was the only path for women to heaven or it"s historic attitudes on race.
What has happened to this ministry? It has truly lost it's way!
David Watson

Posted by: Billv ( )
Date: December 19, 2013 01:19PM

He spoke with Glenn Beck. Made a judgement call and figured that Beck doesn't seem very cultic. OK, he is working with other pastors so I don't think he is a prick anymore. Please take mormonism off the list. Pretty simple really.

Posted by: Glo ( )
Date: December 19, 2013 12:48PM

Things change once the founder of a movement dies, usually not for the better.

The Grahams and others were so eager to put a conservative in as POTUS that they almost sold their souls to get there.

Lucky for US, the majority of voters rejected a theocracy for this country.

And btw, this president is not doing nearly as badly for our country as conservatives would like to tell everyone.
Unemployment is actually quite low and the housing market is picking up.

But certain religions hate good times because scared people are easier to push into obedience.

Posted by: BillV ( )
Date: December 19, 2013 01:25PM

"And btw, this president is not doing nearly as badly for our country as conservatives would like to tell everyone.
Unemployment is actually quite low and the housing market is picking up."

You probably haven't seen the headlines stating that B. of Labor and Statistics is likely making shit up and fundging the numbers. They also funded the numbers on the last month right before the elections. This country is at 7.X% unemployment. Let's not kid ourselves. It is likely double that number.

"Lucky for US, the majority of voters rejected a theocracy for this country."

Do we really know if Romney would treat the US like the Kindgom of God? It's hard to say if this man is a TBM or a closet doubter or anything else. He's to far up the chain and limelight to give up his contacts.

I do think he would have treated the office like a business and would have been very surprised at how slow things operate and there isn't shit he could do about it. It is probably a good thing that he is not POTUS because he might of had good ideas for the economy but he still has congress to deal with. I don't think he can shut down entire departments.

Posted by: Claire ( )
Date: December 19, 2013 03:17PM

A 7% unemployment rate is heaven compared to the 12% we had under some previous recent administrations.
People are just too quick to blame our current president who inherited a mess from his predecessor.

It is doubtful that Romney would have done better.
He has the management style of Mormon church leaders,including their arrogance and disregard for the less fortunate.

You want to talk about fudged numbers and secret dealings look no further than the First Presidency - exactly who Romney learned from.

At any rate, the point is moot since Romney LOST.

Elections...the inconvenience...having to get the majority... lol.

Posted by: Frost ( )
Date: December 19, 2013 03:46PM

I'm not defending Bush, but he also inherited an economy on the verge of collapse. In addition, the broadest measures of unemployment, including long-term discouraged workers, have continued to creep up over the last several years...they're currently the highest they've been post-WW2. I don't blame our current president though...I blame all career politicians collectively...I don't believe there's a decent man or women in Congress...from any party.

Posted by: arntothetriangle ( )
Date: December 20, 2013 01:05AM

Your political affiliation doesn't matter to me, however Bush II did not inherit "an economy on the verge of collapse." Far from it. At the end of Clinton's second term, unemployment was 4 percent, the lowest in 30 years, (21 million jobs created during his administration), the federal budget was balanced and in his second term had a surplus that carried over into first year of Bush II's administration, the real GDP increased per capita by 40%, the stock market grew over three times, inflation was 3.7% vs 5.4% under Bush II. Clinton's administration presided over eight of ten years of boom economy, the longest in US history.

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: December 19, 2013 06:09PM

A POTUS can close an agency created by executive order, under his powers as chief executive. If the agency was created by law and congress, then no, he can't shut it down by fiat.

BTW, Obama is not in control of the economy. The FED is inflating the market and the currency, by printing and injecting 80-100 billion/month into the system, and by buying US bonds and bills. National debt is going up dramatically. Will they "taper" the injection, and risk deflating their cherished bubble economy? All signs show that if they taper, the economy will slow drastically. Obama has no say in it, at any rate.

But Obama and his personal presidential policies and efforts as chief executive have not succeeded in helping the US economy. Unemployment is huge (yes they fudge the numbers), and in spite of spending mega billions on "jobs creation stimulus", Obama has created almost no jobs. Nor has he proposed any legislation that might promote retaining jobs in the US, instead of shipping them offshore, as encouraged by current laws.

Neither Bush nor Obama are the real "deciders" here. They are employees of the Banker oligarchs. Mitt would have been no different.

Posted by: Betty23 ( )
Date: December 19, 2013 07:21PM

They are employees of the Banker oligarchs. Mitt would have been no different.

Agreed!

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: December 19, 2013 07:57PM

He was a bit frail, accompanied by his handlers. He was smiling and pleasant, we chatted briefly, shook hands. Wasn't overpowering. Just a nice old guy.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2013 08:02PM by steve benson.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.