Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Chonerhead ( )
Date: December 30, 2010 11:28PM

I remember being held after one of our evening meetings because one of the elders in my district had a cassette with non-approved music. While this wiener of an RM MTC instructor was laying down the fear factor.... how "that music will not let the spirit be with us" and how "Satan would enter our hearts and minds" typical voodoo taboo bullshit, some dude in the meeting room adjacent us lit into 'Babe' by Styx on the piano. Flabbergasted Elder RM-Wiener rampaged out of our room and ripped into some poor homesick soul. How I wish i could go back to that moment and get on the piano in our room and dash out the piano accompaniment to 'Sympathy for the Devil'. "Pleased to meet you hope you guess my name [bitch]!" LOL I am sure that little stunt would have had me down to President Durrant's office. Looking back on it, it would have been so so worth it.
How I am glad to be free of assholes having that kind of fear/guilt power over me. Nunca, nunca, jamais!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Inverso ( )
Date: December 30, 2010 11:58PM

I was in a weird and tiny district for native Spanish speakers who were all going to different missions and my companion and I had a room to ourselves. If I could have another crack at any moment in the MTC it would be the evening I found he'd gone just outside the room and was in the hallway sobbing about his evil habit of self abuse. I remember admitting to him that he wasn't alone and he'd get past it (yeah, I believed that then...), but I wish I'd just grabbed his hand and told him that I knew that the "close friendship" our teachers all noticed and commented on was really something more and led him back to our room. I still think we could have been good together...

Posted by: tombs1 ( )
Date: December 31, 2010 02:42PM

two things:
1.) Went up to one of our large group teachers (guy who looked like Bill Muray) and told him that he is a smug asshole and where he could stick it.
2.) Just outright said to everyone who asked "what is happening with you" that I no longer believe this deceptive sales person horse shit and that we are all traped in a cult.

Posted by: wendell ( )
Date: December 31, 2010 03:22PM

I would have gone to the ATM, withdrawn all the money in my account, called the airline, reserved a ticket, and spent a month on Maui without telling anyone where I had gone. I guarantee my parents, ward members, or church leaders would not have treated me any worse than they did after I came home early due to a severe nervous breakdown.

Posted by: resipsaloquitur ( )
Date: December 31, 2010 04:20PM

My MTC companion was attacked in the hallway by some big polynesian dude with a homemade shiv. What he was doing with a shiv in the MTC, I'll never know. What he was doing attacking my companion in the MTC, I'll never know. (Well, it might have had something to do with the pennies we were throwing at him from the upper-level window in our room...). Anyway, this douche holds the shiv up to my companion's neck and threatened to cut his throat. I know now that such a move was aggravated assault, punishable by many years in pound me in the ass prison. However, I also know now that the use of deadly force is legally permitted in defense of someone who is currently the victim of aggravated assault. I should have stabbed the guy in the neck with the earpiece of my glasses.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: December 31, 2010 09:55PM

We went to one of those big group classes they used to have with more than just your district. When I was there, they gave talks you had to attend on things like manners (they got so many things wrong on that one) and dealing with non-LDS people. The sister RM who taught the latter was from some small town in Utah and was SO arrogant and condescending to non-LDS people. She talked about them like they were naughty children you had to have patience with and explain things slowly to. The General Authorities lost a real kindred spirit when she was born a woman. I was so mad I actually wrote her a letter and told her what I thought of her attitude and how un-Christlike it was. I tried to say it nicely but that's kind of a hard thing to make sound nice. Of course, she wrote me back a highly defensive letter. I don't remember what she said and didn't blame her for trying to defend herself. But hopefully, I made her think about her narrow attitudes.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.