Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: January 01, 2011 03:07PM

They were ALWAYS forgetting to bring in "proper white bread" for the sacrament. My personal favorite substitution was when they had to use Egg Enriched Hamburger Buns with Sesame Seeds (that was the only bread-like substance at 7-11). They were actually bright YELLOW!! Do you think that this means that the baby jeebus had jaundice? What do YOU think that the doctrinal implications are?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Prophetess ( )
Date: January 01, 2011 03:09PM

I think it's funny that they had to buy bread for the sacrament on a Sunday.

Date: January 01, 2011 03:11PM

Date: January 01, 2011 03:15PM

I know one time the sacrament bread was taken from Chuck-A-Rama (so technically stolen) on a Sunday....

Posted by: helemon ( )
Date: January 01, 2011 03:20PM

They could have cases of them in the chapel and they never go moldy. They could even stamp a Moroni on each wafer.

Posted by: Lillium ( )
Date: January 01, 2011 03:39PM

Every member will be cursing you as they trudge off every Saturday evening, moroni stamps in hand, to prepare the wafers for Sunday morning.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: January 01, 2011 03:46PM

where they had to use goldfish crackers for the sacrament because their bishop was so hard core about not buying stuff on Sunday? I can't imagine not being able to cobble together some bread at the last minute from members houses but the person who posted said the ward totally broke up in laughter at seeing the little fish, ruined the "spirit" of the meeting and taught the bishop a lesson about the importance of bending the rules once in a while.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 01, 2011 03:47PM

I think I'm going to throw up just a little.

Posted by: done ( )
Date: January 01, 2011 03:49PM

When I was a decon, a kid spit in all of the little water cups.

Date: January 01, 2011 03:50PM

...how many sperm do you think the average mormon consumes via sacrament bread in their lifetime?

Date: January 01, 2011 04:06PM

Date: January 01, 2011 04:19PM

Thereby sanctifying masturbation.

Date: January 01, 2011 04:24PM

bastards! ;=)

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: January 01, 2011 04:25PM

we sanctify this masturbation to the souls of all those who partake of it; that they may eat in the rememberence of the hot body of thy son...

Date: January 01, 2011 04:39PM

Posted by: bingoe4 ( )
Date: January 01, 2011 03:48PM

bless the bread and found....BREADSTICKS!!! Crunchy hard breadsticks. B4 the meeting started I'd given a deacon some cash to go to the little "chungy" next to the church building.

I had THE hardest time stifling a laugh the entire time I was up there and could NO WAY do the bread blessing. Breaking the sticks resulted in crumbs flying everywhere and chewing was loud.

It was hilarious.

Posted by: Yorkie ( )
Date: January 01, 2011 04:44PM

We once had digestive biscuits!

Posted by: badseed ( )
Date: January 01, 2011 04:53PM

The YM assigned to bring the bread would often forget— and it was too far to run home and return— about a 10-15 min drive. So we would often have to go the the 7-11 near the church to get bread.

When I was older and could drive the same 7-11 served as acceptable alternative to priesthood meeting. Slurpees and Mike and Ike.

Date: January 01, 2011 05:00PM

Did you get to watch them run in for the sacrament bread while you were enjoying your Slurpee?

Posted by: Glo ( )
Date: January 01, 2011 05:02PM

The same happened in So.California too on a regular basis when I was a teen.

Those guys always had to make a bread run to the 7/11 a few streets down

Posted by: rt ( )
Date: January 01, 2011 06:28PM

Didn't you people have a freezer in the building? We always had a back-up loaf in the freezer. Just chop off a few slices and put them on a radiator till sac meeting.

Jeez...

Date: January 01, 2011 06:34PM

I remember, as a young child, selecting a piece of sacrament bread that had no crust. I didn't like those crust pieces.

Then at some point, when I was in my teens, my ward started having sacrament bread that had the crust removed.

I'm wondering if it was like this everywhere or if it was just peculiar to my ward.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2011 06:36PM by Dave the Atheist.

Posted by: ExBozo ( )
Date: January 03, 2011 06:17AM

From what I hear, they're told to cut the crusts off these days so that you only get true whiter than white bread. Because we all know god hates anything coloured, right..?

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: January 03, 2011 07:12AM

We had the same problem. Usually, one of the YM would run to his house a few blocks away and get some. Often we'd be holding up the meeting waiting.

Unfortunately, they decided that the solution would be to keep a loaf in the fridge, which meant that when they YM forgot the bread (again?), they would pull out this bitter freezer flavored nasty loaf of filth and serve it.

Some of us started bringing fresh bread in the trunk just in case our youth (and future of the world) couldn't remember something as simple as bringing bread every week.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.