Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: rainwriter ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 04:09PM

If Satan wants us all to be miserable like he is because he doesn't have a body, doesn't that imply that we were all miserable in the per-existance because we didn't have bodies?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: shadowspade ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 04:31PM

That's an excellent point.

On a separate but related note, when I was growing up I thought that the real reason satan was "miserable" without a body was because he couldn't masturbate.

Posted by: anonow ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 06:40PM

satan didn't want a body until he realized that he would never get one like the rest of us. Now he does. In a way we will feel incomplete after we die until the resurrection.

Posted by: Samantha Baker ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 07:01PM

I was taught that while separated from our bodies we would long for them and the resurrection.

Also, any habits or addictions followed us to the spirit world. Addicted to cigarettes? You would still be addicted as a spirit but would be tortured that you didn't have a body in which to go and light one up.

Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 07:08PM

So if bodies are so much fun, why aren't Mormons allowed to play with them? Why aren't they allowed to play with other consenting bodies?

Why do they let them get fat?

Posted by: RPackham ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 07:18PM

Gee, the Holy Ghost must be miserable, too, then, because HE doesn't have a body, either!

Posted by: upsidedown ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 07:38PM

WTF is the big deal with having a body anyway. There is a mojor part of the world that is struggling with birth defects, starvation, torture, and pain in this "gift" of a body every single day. I have cancer and tumors in my "gift". Everyone suffers sooner or later and it is sometimes through their body.

Posted by: ohmygoshohmygosh ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 07:45PM

Now we know why he's always in a bad mood! He can't maturbate.

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 07:58PM

He looks pretty happy when you see him dancing on the side of a can of deviled ham.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.